Topics

moderated help with router web interface

Kristoffer Gustafsson

Hi.
I need a little help with my router.
I'm trying to add some ports on my router.
I've got a nighthawk m1.
I enable port farwarding, and open the ports.
I check the ports as enabled, but they just unchecks them selves.
Have I missed something?

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a

Gmail Jonas

Did you look for a save or apply?
Why or what do you need to open the ports for?

I'm trying to add some ports on my router.
I've got a nighthawk m1.
I enable port farwarding, and open the ports.
I check the ports as enabled, but they just unchecks them selves.
Have I missed something?

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Kristoffer Gustafsson

There is no apply button. I want to run my ftp server

Skickat från min iPhone

9 maj 2020 kl. 00:04 skrev Gmail Jonas <jonasvoll@...>:

Did you look for a save or apply?
Why or what do you need to open the ports for?

I'm trying to add some ports on my router.
I've got a nighthawk m1.
I enable port farwarding, and open the ports.
I check the ports as enabled, but they just unchecks them selves.
Have I missed something?

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Gmail Jonas

Did you give your FTP server a static IP address?

Some routers may have a page with the most used ports for something like that.
If it is a new router I will try teck support or you will most likely need to Google it!
A fast and dirty way to try to get that working is moving it to the DMZ!
But it must have the IP address first!

You may

I'm trying to add some ports on my router.
I've got a nighthawk m1.
I enable port farwarding, and open the ports.
I check the ports as enabled, but they just unchecks them selves.
Have I missed something?

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Steve Matzura

I don't know that router, but checking those boxes might not mean what you think it does. For intance, on my Verizon Fios Gateway G1100 router, checking the box means it's eligible for deletion and the DELETE button becomes active at the bottom of the list and screen.

Have you tried the ports to see whether or not they actually got enabled?

On 5/8/2020 5:40 PM, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
Hi.
I need a little help with my router.
I'm trying to add some ports on my router.
I've got a nighthawk m1.
I enable port farwarding, and open the ports.
I check the ports as enabled, but they just unchecks them selves.
Have I missed something?

Kristoffer Gustafsson

Hi.
I can add ports.
I turn on port forwarding and hit apply.
Then I go into the router and check the boxes.
Then there is nothing more. no apply button at all.
The ports are still closed.
Do you think that I've missed something.

[...]

Did you give the host a static IP address?

[...]

I'm planning to buy new router.
what router works best with jaws?
4g router.

[...]

I like and use, The NETGEAR, Nighthawk R6400 is a nice one I use it and it’s good with
2.4 and 5 GHZ!
https://amzn.to/2Va3jse
And it’s about $ 100, with support for USB!

[...]

how can I do port forwording on that router?
I got problems with that, I returned the nighthawk m1 today.

[...]

If you return it no matter!
But it is not very hard!
Unless it's not supported!
If you get a newrouter and cannot getting it to work send me a email off list!