Topics

moderated Jaws script for reporting progress bar via sounds

Leo

Hi everyone,

I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:

https://www.dlee.org/

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
   Leo

Richard Turner

Doug Lee has a twitter account for script support questions.

He doesn’t list his personal Email on his web site, so you might try reaching out to him via twitter:

https://twitter.com/dlee_code/

HTH,

Richard

I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:

https://www.dlee.org/

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
   Leo

Leo

Hi Richard, thanks for the info. I had a second look on the release history of the script, and I see that the last release was in April 2019, so even though it identified my jaws version, the script may not be compatible with jaws 2020 after all.

Best,
   Leo
On 5/7/2020 8:30 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

[...]

I would think if it worked with 2019 it should work with 2020.

But, only Doug Lee can really answer that unless someone else has tried the script and figured it out.

Richard

I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:

https://www.dlee.org/

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
   Leo

William Vandervest

Where can I get a copy of this Win PE, can somebody please post the link.

Thanks

[...]

if you mean the page where I got the script from, follow this link, the script name is jgauge.

https://www.dlee.org/

Best,
   Leo
On 5/7/2020 9:55 AM, William Vandervest wrote:

[...]

Steve Nutt

Hi,

What was the error?

At the end of the install, I got “Default script has been updated”, which is not an error.

All the best

Steve

I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:

https://www.dlee.org/

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
   Leo

Steve Nutt

Yep it works here.

All the best

Steve

[...]

Let’s make it a bit easier than that.

The script is here:-

https://www.dlee.org/jgauge/

It is also spelled JGauge, note the J and the G are in upper case.

All the best

Steve

[...]

well, I deleted the text document containing a detailed description of the errors. All I can say is that it wasn't just one error but three of them as I recall.

Best,
   Leo
On 5/19/2020 8:19 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

[...]

David Goldfield

This is a capability which I'm surprised that Vispero has not implemented. I submitted a request to Brian Hartgen that he would consider adding this to Leasey and he graciously did so and did so very quickly, I might add. His sounds are a bit different from those used by Doug Lee as well as with other screen readers but the capability is there, along with tons of other utilities.

On 5/7/2020 10:24 AM, Leo wrote:

Hi everyone,

I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:

https://www.dlee.org/

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
   Leo

Leo

well, aside of this, I'm surprised that vespero has not implemented a custom user dictionary that allows for symbolic phonetic representation. It's time for them to notice that a jdf dictionary it's OK for adding acronyms, abbreviations, or nomenclatures, but it's not good enough for adding authentic changes in how the synths pronounce some words, especially taking into account that jaws is used in many languages.

Best,

On 5/7/2020 10:24 AM, Leo wrote:

Hi everyone,

I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:

https://www.dlee.org/

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
   Leo

Steve Nutt

It’s a bit costly though to buy Leasy, just for progress indicators. <Smile>.

Doug’s script is just fine and does just that job.

All the best

Steve

On 5/7/2020 10:24 AM, Leo wrote:

Hi everyone,

I tried to install some jaws scripts for reporting progress bar via sounds. The name of the script is jgauge, and I founded in this page:

https://www.dlee.org/

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
   Leo

Curtis Delzer

I got it to install just fine.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

https://www.dlee.org/ <https://www.dlee.org/>
it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.
What could it have gone wrong?
Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?
Thanks.
--
Best,
Leo

Curtis Delzer

it works on my jfw 2020, and it is latest version.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 5/7/2020 8:07 AM, Leo wrote:
Hi Richard, thanks for the info. I had a second look on the release history of the script, and I see that the last release was in April 2019, so even though it identified my jaws version, the script may not be compatible with jaws 2020 after all.
Best,
Leo
On 5/7/2020 8:30 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Doug Lee has a twitter account for script support questions.

He doesn’t list his personal Email on his web site, so you might try reaching out to him via twitter:

https://twitter.com/dlee_code/ <https://twitter.com/dlee_code/>

HTH,

Richard

https://www.dlee.org/ <https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dlee.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8d51cee9b667415db6dd08d7f2925ffa%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637244582793349676&sdata=sixvaYKk9ThebZEFq9c5cgGSnLBstVq5YzOiHKGCrzM%3D&reserved=0>

it’s an executable file, but right in the end of the installation process, a message was displayed telling me that there had been an error. I believe that the script is compatible with my version of jaws 2020 since the installer properly identified this jaws version.

What could it have gone wrong?

Can someone provide this same script to be installed manually?

Thanks.

--
Best,
   Leo

Leo

hmm,

this is very weird, I'll give it a second try!

Best,

On 5/7/2020 8:07 AM, Leo wrote:
[...]

still no luck, These are the errors I got

JGauge, revision 2117 Setup
chain "default" add jgauge.jsb for JAWS 2020 (enu) failed with error
code 1.
The output (if any) can be found in the Details list.
Skipping this JAWS folder.
OK

= = = = = = = = = =

Install into JAWS folders 2020.
Preparing for JAWS script compilation.
2020:
User folder: C:\Users\leoba\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2020\Settings\enu
Shared folder: C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2020\Settings\enu
Output folder: C:\Users\leoba\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2020\Settings\enu
Installing files.
JAWSUtil command: compile jgauge
JAWSUtil command: chain "default" add jgauge.jsb
Command returned 1.
Output:
Error: default.jss is not a script chain manager file.

End of output.
Restoring this JAWS folder to its original state.
JAWSUtil command: chain "default" remove jgauge.jsb
Command returned 1.
Output:
jgauge.jsb not found.

End of output.
JAWSInstallDirs is .
All installations failed!
Writing log file.

Best,

On 5/7/2020 8:07 AM, Leo wrote:
Hi Richard, thanks for the info. I had a second look on the release
history of the script, and I see that the last release was in April
2019, so even though it identified my jaws version, the script may
not be compatible with jaws 2020 after all.

Best,
    Leo

On 5/7/2020 8:30 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Doug Lee has a twitter account for script support questions.

He doesn’t list his personal Email on his web site, so you might try
reaching out to him via twitter:

https://twitter.com/dlee_code/ <https://twitter.com/dlee_code/>

HTH,

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in
Portland, Oregon.