From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arkadiusz Swietnicki
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Outlook: read recipient's name by character in the "to" field

Hello,

How to achieve the thing I need? Sometimes I want to check whether the spelling of the e-mail address I entered is correct, but when I press left/right arrows in the “to” field, JAWS reads the whole name.

Adrian Spratt

An alternative is to copy the address to Notepad, where right and left arrows will read by letter, and on confirming it’s correct, copy and paste back into the message’s “to” field. Of course, empty the “To” field before pasting.

Hi, Arkadiusz. To do this, either use the NumPad, and Press JAWS Key plus eight on the NumPad twice quickly to get it to spell the link character by character, or, if you have your JAWS set to Laptop layout, use CAPS LOCK+I twice quickly to get it to spell character by character.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

How to achieve the thing I need? Sometimes I want to check whether the spelling of the e-mail address I entered is correct, but when I press left/right arrows in the “to” field, JAWS reads the whole name.

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Oh, the trick with INSERT+8 did not work, as I thought as insert+UP arrow does not work either. Wow that’s really bad. It should work much like in the “Smart navigation mode”

An alternative is to copy the address to Notepad, where right and left arrows will read by letter, and on confirming it’s correct, copy and paste back into the message’s “to” field. Of course, empty the “To” field before pasting.

Hi, Arkadiusz. To do this, either use the NumPad, and Press JAWS Key plus eight on the NumPad twice quickly to get it to spell the link character by character, or, if you have your JAWS set to Laptop layout, use CAPS LOCK+I twice quickly to get it to spell character by character.

How to achieve the thing I need? Sometimes I want to check whether the spelling of the e-mail address I entered is correct, but when I press left/right arrows in the “to” field, JAWS reads the whole name.

Mario

did you hold down insert and press the numpad 8 twice quickly? if that didn't work, sometimes pressing insert+numpad 5, 7 or 9 twice quickly might work. if all fails, maybe a insert+tab will do the trick.

billwhite92701@... <mailto:billwhite92701@...>