Topics

moderated New Book on Using Zoom with Screen Readers and the iPhone

David Kingsbury

Hi all,

A colleague of mine at the Carroll Center for the Blind has just written a book on using Zoom with screen readers and VoiceOver on the iPhone. It is the first text-based book written on the topic, and I think it is well-written and quite comprehensive. You can order it for $18 at:

https://carroll.org/product/getting-started-with-zoom-meetings/

Regards,

David

Judith Pelaez

Hi,

That is cool!
However, they’re already was a book to learn not only the iOS app but also the windows app and some of the Mac app.

Judith Pelaez

On May 4, 2020, at 6:23 PM, David Kingsbury <davidkingsbury77@...> wrote:

Hi all,

A colleague of mine at the Carroll Center for the Blind has just written a book on using Zoom with screen readers and VoiceOver on the iPhone. It is the first text-based book written on the topic, and I think it is well-written and quite comprehensive. You can order it for $18 at:

https://carroll.org/product/getting-started-with-zoom-meetings/

Regards,

David

John Doering

Hello:

You can get more info about the book and download it for free at:

http://mosen.org/zoom

HTH,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

However, they’re already was a book to learn not only the iOS app but also the windows app and some of the Mac app.

Judith Pelaez

On May 4, 2020, at 6:23 PM, David Kingsbury <davidkingsbury77@...> wrote:

Hi all,

A colleague of mine at the Carroll Center for the Blind has just written a book on using Zoom with screen readers and VoiceOver on the iPhone. It is the first text-based book written on the topic, and I think it is well-written and quite comprehensive. You can order it for $18 at:

https://carroll.org/product/getting-started-with-zoom-meetings/

Regards,

David

Richard Turner

David was not talking about Jonathan Mosen's audio guide to using Zoom, which by the way is very good, but also 3 years old.

He is talking about a new book that also covers Windows, and iOS. The full title is:

GETTING STARTED WITH ZOOM MEETINGS: A GUIDE FOR JAWS, NVDA, AND IPHONE VOICEOVER USERS

by Heather Thomas.
Heather's book is text, not audio, which may be more useful since you could actually look things up in it.

Richard

Linus to Charlie Brown: "Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good."

Sent with the iPhone SE 2020
www.turner42.com

[...]

Steve Nutt

Or you could go to http://www.mosen.org/zoom and get an audio book for free.

But why hasn’t anyone done one for Android yet?

Interesting.

All the best

Steve

A colleague of mine at the Carroll Center for the Blind has just written a book on using Zoom with screen readers and VoiceOver on the iPhone. It is the first text-based book written on the topic, and I think it is well-written and quite comprehensive. You can order it for $18 at:

https://carroll.org/product/getting-started-with-zoom-meetings/

Regards,

David

Tyler Wood

I agree fully. Really leaving Android users in the dark, as it were.

A colleague of mine at the Carroll Center for the Blind has just written a book on using Zoom with screen readers and VoiceOver on the iPhone. It is the first text-based book written on the topic, and I think it is well-written and quite comprehensive. You can order it for $18 at:

https://carroll.org/product/getting-started-with-zoom-meetings/

Regards,

David

Richard Turner

For what it is worth, Jonathan Mosen’s book is excellent, but also 3 years old.

Perhaps the new book covers some of the newer settings, I don’t know.

Maybe one of you Android users needs to write one, or record one.

Richard