Topics

moderated jaws and the new edge chrome.

Patrick Murphy

Hi All,

I have just installed the new chrome edge (stable version).

Can anyone make sense of this so called new brilliant browser?

No matter what i do in settings, it still insists on using the “bing” virus as a search engine. I imported my settings from google chrome, and it ignored them completely.

It wont let me edit a profile.

However, it keeps adding them. Now i have “profile1” and “profile2”.

Has anyone got rid of this “thing” after installing it?

Can someone with a science degree tell me how to use this piece of what seems to be rubbish?

Sorry, i don’t mean to be sarcastic, but i am sick and tired of Microsoft saying that their things are great, only to find, that they just don’t work with jaws.

Pat

Milton Ota

Hi,

I will assume that you have this version number of the new Microsoft Edge:

Microsoft Edge Version 81.0.416.68

You also need to be running the latest version and build:

Version 2020.2004.66

This is JAWS 2020. This build came out earlier this week.

If you don’t have JAWS 2020 and this latest build you can download a free use of JAWS from the Freedom Scientific website which will be good until the end of June.

I have just installed the new chrome edge (stable version).

Can anyone make sense of this so called new brilliant browser?

No matter what i do in settings, it still insists on using the “bing” virus as a search engine. I imported my settings from google chrome, and it ignored them completely.

It wont let me edit a profile.

However, it keeps adding them. Now i have “profile1” and “profile2”.

Has anyone got rid of this “thing” after installing it?

Can someone with a science degree tell me how to use this piece of what seems to be rubbish?

Sorry, i don’t mean to be sarcastic, but i am sick and tired of Microsoft saying that their things are great, only to find, that they just don’t work with jaws.

Pat

The differences between the Google Chrome browser and the Microsoft Chromium-based Edge browser are minimal.

If you can operate Chrome with whatever screen reader you've been using you should be able to operate Chromium-based edge.  I just went through a long back-and-forth on the NVDA group with someone insisting they had "the latest" Edge.  Well, they did, but not the Chromium-based one.  The two are worlds apart and original Edge is dead browser walking.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Dave Durber

Hello Milton:

Why on earth would Patrick use the temporary JAWS authorization, if you had been following his posts on the problems he had with it, you would know, that would be the last thing he would want or, wish to do.

Personally, I would not touch Microsoft Edge with a bargepole, no matter what version it is.

Dave durber

I have just installed the new chrome edge (stable version).

Can anyone make sense of this so called new brilliant browser?

No matter what i do in settings, it still insists on using the “bing” virus as a search engine. I imported my settings from google chrome, and it ignored them completely.

It wont let me edit a profile.

However, it keeps adding them. Now i have “profile1” and “profile2”.

Has anyone got rid of this “thing” after installing it?

Can someone with a science degree tell me how to use this piece of what seems to be rubbish?

Sorry, i don’t mean to be sarcastic, but i am sick and tired of Microsoft saying that their things are great, only to find, that they just don’t work with jaws.

Pat

And what is the reason for  your aversion to the new chromium based Edge browser or is there some strange reason why you don’t like any chromium based browser be it Google Chrome, Edge, Brave etc.

?

[...]

Hello Ceigart:

I do not have any aversion to chromium based browsers, It is just Microsoft's latest thing about screwing up anything they do. Look at what they did to Skype.

Dave

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 11:41 AM, Dave Durber wrote:
It is just Microsoft's latest thing about screwing up anything they do.
Which is precisely the opposite of what's happened with the transition to Chromium-based Edge.  They've gone from a "definitely not ready for primetime" mess of an in-house "let's reinvent the wheel" browser to something that works beautifully.

I also don't get where the "screwing up anything they do" comes from, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Chris Hill

Works well, except for all the data it collects, they make Google look like a privacy watchdog.

On 5/4/2020 10:45, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 11:41 AM, Dave Durber wrote:
It is just Microsoft's latest thing about screwing up anything they do.
Which is precisely the opposite of what's happened with the transition to Chromium-based Edge.  They've gone from a "definitely not ready for primetime" mess of an in-house "let's reinvent the wheel" browser to something that works beautifully.

I also don't get where the "screwing up anything they do" comes from, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Dave Durber

Chris:

That is another reason for me not to use the new version of Edge. Unlike so many people today, who like to broadcast their lives, unlike them, I like my privacy, in addition, I also mind my own business.

Dave

Works well, except for all the data it collects, they make Google look like a privacy watchdog.

On 5/4/2020 10:45, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 11:41 AM, Dave Durber wrote:
It is just Microsoft's latest thing about screwing up anything they do.
Which is precisely the opposite of what's happened with the transition to Chromium-based Edge.  They've gone from a "definitely not ready for primetime" mess of an in-house "let's reinvent the wheel" browser to something that works beautifully.

I also don't get where the "screwing up anything they do" comes from, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

David Csercsics

Yes, everybody wants your mind these days, for sure. It's not the data they want, it's the experiences they can cause you to have once they get the data. If those aren't in line with what you want, then be careful.

Lino Morales

Dave let me tell ya a lil somethin somethin. Their ain’t no such thing such as privacy anymore old son. There is your daily piece of wisdom form Lino today.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10