From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 8:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Used alt D to get to address bar

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of jaws2020, windows 10 and most recent version of Chrome. I’m on a site and moved to the address bar by pressing alt D. Now I cannot get off the address bar. Is there another key stroke to get off the address bar? Thanks Kevin

Marianne Denning

I usually just hit enter and it takes me back to the web page I was on before the command.

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of jaws2020, windows 10 and most recent version of Chrome. I’m on a site and moved to the address bar by pressing alt D. Now I cannot get off the address bar. Is there another key stroke to get off the address bar? Thanks Kevin

Justin Williams

Or just f6.

I usually just hit enter and it takes me back to the web page I was on before the command.

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of jaws2020, windows 10 and most recent version of Chrome. I’m on a site and moved to the address bar by pressing alt D. Now I cannot get off the address bar. Is there another key stroke to get off the address bar? Thanks Kevin

Mario

I usually press shift+f6.

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of jaws2020, windows 10 and
most recent version of Chrome. I’m on a site and moved to the address
bar by pressing alt D. Now I cannot get off the address bar. Is there
another key stroke to get off the address bar? Thanks Kevin

Glenn / Lenny

I usually shift + tab to get back onto the page.
Glenn

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of jaws2020, windows 10 and most recent version of Chrome. I’m on a site and moved to the address bar by pressing alt D. Now I cannot get off the address bar. Is there another key stroke to get off the address bar? Thanks Kevin

Glenn / Lenny

I think that will reload the page though.
Glenn

I usually just hit enter and it takes me back to the web page I was on before the command.

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of jaws2020, windows 10 and most recent version of Chrome. I’m on a site and moved to the address bar by pressing alt D. Now I cannot get off the address bar. Is there another key stroke to get off the address bar? Thanks Kevin

Don Mauck

You can just tab.

I think that will reload the page though.

Glenn

I usually just hit enter and it takes me back to the web page I was on before the command.

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of jaws2020, windows 10 and most recent version of Chrome. I’m on a site and moved to the address bar by pressing alt D. Now I cannot get off the address bar. Is there another key stroke to get off the address bar? Thanks Kevin

Glenn / Lenny

tabbing usually sends you through other tool bars, that is why I shift + tab just once instead of multiple tabs.
Glenn

I think that will reload the page though.

Glenn

I usually just hit enter and it takes me back to the web page I was on before the command.

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of jaws2020, windows 10 and most recent version of Chrome. I’m on a site and moved to the address bar by pressing alt D. Now I cannot get off the address bar. Is there another key stroke to get off the address bar? Thanks Kevin

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  Other than the mentioned suggestions I have found that if I go to another task and then come back to the browser the issue is resolved.  Not sure what triggers not being able to leave the address bar but it occurs on an occasional basis.

Dan