moderated Select Google Chrome from desktop and stays on desktop

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using the most recent 2020 version of Jaws and Office 2016. I select Google Chrome from my desktop and the cursor remains on the desktop. I thought it didn’t open a Google window. I press enter again and nothing happens. I found out that Google Chrome did open a window and I have to move to the window where as before I would be sitting in the window. Then when I move to the window it says dash Google Chrome. Sometimes I can tab back and forth and I get to the address and search bar. Times I have to close out of Google Chrome. Times I have to move out of the window and then back. This never happened before the most recent version of Jaws. What do I need to stop this from happening? Thanks, Kevin

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Sounds like a Chrome issue. Try reinstalling Chrome or do a repair if it has that option. When I open chrome with jaws 2020 I always land in the address bar.

On 4/27/2020 7:11 AM, kevin meyers wrote:

Hello, I’m using the most recent 2020 version of Jaws and Office 2016. I select Google Chrome from my desktop and the cursor remains on the desktop. I thought it didn’t open a Google window. I press enter again and nothing happens. I found out that Google Chrome did open a window and I have to move to the window where as before I would be sitting in the window. Then when I move to the window it says dash Google Chrome. Sometimes I can tab back and forth and I get to the address and search bar. Times I have to close out of Google Chrome. Times I have to move out of the window and then back. This never happened before the most recent version of Jaws. What do I need to stop this from happening? Thanks, Kevin

kevin meyers

I reinstalled Chrome. It worked the first time. After that it went back to doing the same thing.

[...]

A perfect time to get in touch with Freedom Scientific tech support.  Even if the issue does lie with Chrome, you can be certain that it's probably not only you it's happened to.  Getting a "critical mass" of reports is what gets the ball rolling between companies such as Freedom Scientific and Google on issues such as this.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

kevin meyers

I did call tech support at Freedom Scientific. The guy never heard of the problem with Google Chrome. We tried a couple of things and nothing worked. Then it started to work. Then it stopped working. The tech guy talked to his supervisor. We tried a number of things. It came down to either rebooting or going in out of Chrome or pressing alt D. Guy said he didn’t know if it was Google Chrome or Jaws causing the problem. He said I will just have to work around it. A little while later the problem occured again. This time nothing I did corrected the problem. I will send an email to support. I’m pretty sure I won’t hear anything. Now is that awesome support or what?