moderated Using Slack with JAWS

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Hi All,

If anyone uses Slack with JAWS, I have a question. When someone direct messages me in Slack, I get a notification sound, but I don't hear who contacted me in Slack. Is there any way to have JAWS announce who pinged me? I eventually get an email because I have notifications turned on, but I need to know sooner who tried to contact me.

Thanks for any help.

Pam

Abraham Sweiss

Use control plus K. This will give you a list of all your channels including direct messages which have unread messages.

Thanks,abraham

On Apr 26, 2020, at 2:38 PM, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@disney.com> wrote:

Hi All,

If anyone uses Slack with JAWS, I have a question. When someone direct messages me in Slack, I get a notification sound, but I don't hear who contacted me in Slack. Is there any way to have JAWS announce who pinged me? I eventually get an email because I have notifications turned on, but I need to know sooner who tried to contact me.

Thanks for any help.

Pam

Get around faster with keyboard shortcuts | Slack

Slack keyboard shortcuts | Slack

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Slack+Keyboard+Shortcuts

       ~ Lawrence Krauss