From: Amanda Berkley [mailto:amanda1226@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10:24 AM
Subject: Using Doxy.me with JAWS
Hey guys,

Does anyone have experience using doxy.me platform? I've got a
doctor's appointment coming up, and they are using this. I was told it
can be used on PC or iPhone, but never heard of it.

Anyone got tips on it or know if it's accessible?

Thanks,
Amanda

.

Amanda Berkley

I will for sure update on my findings! Thanks!

Amanda

On Apr 16, 2020, at 11:00 AM, Mario <mrb620@...> wrote:

My mother recently had a telehealth appointment with the family physician, and it was very easy. You will need the address from your physician and provide an email address to connect. As for screen reader accessibility, check out:

https://help.doxy.me/en/articles/3626014-accessibility

You might be able to find more information by searching for other terms in their help center. Do let the list know what your experience is as doctor's might start to use telehealth more often.

Does anyone have experience using doxy.me platform? I've got a
doctor's appointment coming up, and they are using this. I was told it
can be used on PC or iPhone, but never heard of it.

Anyone got tips on it or know if it's accessible?

Thanks,
Amanda

.

Cohn, Jonathan

I had no problems using a MacOS or Windows browser and a screen reader to get through the initial screens. The mobile version is not as good. I found several unlabeled fields, and when it prompted me for my name, I could not find that field. The only time I have tried actually connecting with it is with the iPhone, where I could hear my doctor muted, but they could not hear me and my iPhone claimed I was still awaiting  the doctor. We ended up doing the session via FaceTime.
Good Luck!
Jonathan

Mario

Jonathan, for Windows, which browsers did you use, which screen readers did you use?

I had no problems using a MacOS or Windows browser and a screen reader
to get through the initial screens. The mobile version is not as good. I
found several unlabeled fields, and when it prompted me for my name, I
could not find that field. The only time I have tried actually
connecting with it is with the iPhone, where I could hear my doctor
muted, but they could not hear me and my iPhone claimed I was still
awaiting  the doctor. We ended up doing the session via FaceTime.
Good Luck!
Jonathan

Cohn, Jonathan

I just checked with Chrome and JAWS/NVDA. When you go to your Doctors portal, you will land on a text entry field for your name. This field appears to be correctly labeled for all platforms from reviewing the HTML. If you press enter after putting in your name, and it is the first time, you will then get to a page with two buttons one to enable your web cam and another to proceed without a camera. These buttons appear to work correctly with both screen readers. Back on that first page however, the check in button that is one tab stop beyond the patient name field does not respond to click events correctly, you would need to switch to focus mode and then hit space or enter on that button. Probably means  that the developer took a span and marked it up with ARIA to create what appears to be a button, but then used mouse or pointer down events to trigger the button instead of click events. Probably more information than you were asking for!