Topics

moderated An accessible router

Marty Hutchings

My WIFI router has bit the dust.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a router with an accessible interface with JAWS?

David Csercsics

If you get any recommendations, ping me as well. Mine hasn't bit the dust just yet, but I don't think it's receiving firmware updates, and for some reason, my wifi has gotten silly. I have an iPhone 8 that drops connections very frequently, and I have to reboot the router daily or it bogs down pretty quick. I'm not sure if the iphone is the problem or the router, because other devices work fine on the thing, but it's puzzling.

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  Routers are accessible through their web interface.  Ask the technician who will help you set up your router to give you your router's web address.  The address might, for example, be 192.168.2.154, something like that.  Then you can access it as you would any web site and set up the router on your own if you need to.  Cheers!
On 4/15/2020 5:15 AM, Marty Hutchings wrote:

Gmail Jonas

The NETGEAR, Nighthawk R6400 is a nice one I use it and it’s good with

2.4 and 5 GHZ!

https://amzn.to/2Va3jse

And it’s about $ 100, with support for USB!