Topics

moderated Walmart.com and Jaws

NCBootman <ncbootman@...>

I want to explore the possibility of ordering groceries from Walmart.com. I have the latest version of Jaws and a sighted friend says it doesn’t look doable with a screen reader to them. Is anyone using the regular part of Walmart.com or the grocery.walmart.com section with positive results? When I tried to navigate the sight, there did not seem to be  any rhyme or reason to things but I’m told visually it is laid out very clearly. Also, when I tried to search Google for any tips, I got nowhere.

NCBootMan

Abraham Sweiss

It is doable but very challenging and frustrating.
I ordered from their website once, and decided to stick with Instacart because it is more user-friendly.

By the way I have been told Walmart app on android as accessible. However the iPhone version is not.

Thanks,abraham

On Apr 12, 2020, at 12:13 AM, NCBootman <ncbootman@...> wrote:

I want to explore the possibility of ordering groceries from Walmart.com. I have the latest version of Jaws and a sighted friend says it doesn’t look doable with a screen reader to them. Is anyone using the regular part of Walmart.com or the grocery.walmart.com section with positive results? When I tried to navigate the sight, there did not seem to be  any rhyme or reason to things but I’m told visually it is laid out very clearly. Also, when I tried to search Google for any tips, I got nowhere.

NCBootMan

Richard

I didn't have much trouble with the site, in fact, I did place an order.
You just have to spend some time getting familiar with the site like any
other.

Rick

I want to explore the possibility of ordering groceries from Walmart.com. I
have the latest version of Jaws and a sighted friend says it doesn't look
doable with a screen reader to them. Is anyone using the regular part of
Walmart.com or the grocery.walmart.com section with positive results? When I
tried to navigate the sight, there did not seem to be any rhyme or reason
to things but I'm told visually it is laid out very clearly. Also, when I
tried to search Google for any tips, I got nowhere.

NCBootMan

Richard

Interesting, InstaCart seemed to be rather annoying to me, so I chose Shipt
instead.

Rick

[...]

Ann Byrne

I ordered from Wal-mart. The site was wonderfully accessible. I received an acknowledgment of my order, and each time I added to the list I received an email confirming my additions. An hour before the scheduled delivery, Wal-mart canceled the order. The email said for 'operational reasons'.

I have used Shipt twice since then. the site isn't as good as Wal-Mart, but they have delivered.

At 11:13 PM 4/11/2020, you wrote:
I want to explore the possibility of ordering groceries from Walmart.com. I have the latest version of Jaws and a sighted friend says it doesn't look doable with a screen reader to them. Is anyone using the regular part of Walmart.com or the grocery.walmart.com section with positive results? When I tried to navigate the sight, there did not seem to be any rhyme or reason to things but I'm told visually it is laid out very clearly. Also, when I tried to search Google for any tips, I got nowhere.

NCBootMan

Gene Stevens

I have been using the Walmart ordering system for pickup for about six months. I have no issues what so ever. Most of my orders are of 75 items or more and it’s easy to keep track of what is ordered and what is spent on the fly.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10