Topics

moderated I have a question about a combination headset/microphone adaptor to use with JAWS

Kevin Minor

Hi.

A month ago I got an Asus laptop. I put JAWS on it, and it works excellently. However, I have a question about it.

First, I’m not sure where to put this note, which group should have it, but I figure there would be those who know.  This computer doesn’t have a dedicated mic jack. Here’s question 1. Is there a way to learn if this PC has a combination headphone/microphone connector, and if it does, is there a splitter I can get where I could plug in headphones in one plug and a mic in the other?

Those are my questions. I’d appreciate any help, or steer me to a good list to ask my question.

Thanks.

Kevin, Jilly and Valerie

It would help to have the exact model of the laptop to look up what it's actually equipped with, connection port wise.

        ~ Joshua Liebman

Not sure how this works with the jack except that I think you may have to select how to use it in your Settings. However, I would recommend you use a USB headset which will give you headset and microphone together and with better quality. It also has the advantage that if you wish you can leave Jaws playing through the main soundcard since any USB headset is recognized as a separate sound device.

A month ago I got an Asus laptop. I put JAWS on it, and it works excellently. However, I have a question about it.

First, I’m not sure where to put this note, which group should have it, but I figure there would be those who know.  This computer doesn’t have a dedicated mic jack. Here’s question 1. Is there a way to learn if this PC has a combination headphone/microphone connector, and if it does, is there a splitter I can get where I could plug in headphones in one plug and a mic in the other?

Those are my questions. I’d appreciate any help, or steer me to a good list to ask my question.

Thanks.

Kevin, Jilly and Valerie

Gmail Jonas

Two good ones!

I like the Logitech ones this one is bluetooth.

https://amzn.to/2xuQKyz

USB, I like the mute button!

https://amzn.to/2K0RoGO

If not you can try a cell phone headset!