Topics

moderated JAWS is doing some strange things

Shirley Tracy

Hi Listers,

I’ve been using Windows Mail, importing Gmail into it. I am running windows ten and JAWS 2020 Home use. For the past couple of weeks, the messages in my inbox open and but JAWS sits on the message without reading it. Here’s the funny part: If I unload JAWS and bring it back up, it will read the message. Today, I found I had to unload JAWS in order to be able to read something in Word. What can I do to fix this? I shouldn’t have to keep unloading JAWS.

Shirley

Richard Turner

Try checking that the window is maximized by pressing alt+space bar and arrowing up to Maximize.
If it is not available, then it is already maximized and that won't help.

Richard

(Sent from my iPhone SE)

On Apr 11, 2020, at 6:23 PM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

Hi Listers,

I’ve been using Windows Mail, importing Gmail into it. I am running windows ten and JAWS 2020 Home use. For the past couple of weeks, the messages in my inbox open and but JAWS sits on the message without reading it. Here’s the funny part: If I unload JAWS and bring it back up, it will read the message. Today, I found I had to unload JAWS in order to be able to read something in Word. What can I do to fix this? I shouldn’t have to keep unloading JAWS.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Thanks. That worked. I hadn’t even considered that the window wasn’t maximized.

Shirley Tracy

Try checking that the window is maximized by pressing alt+space bar and arrowing up to Maximize.

If it is not available, then it is already maximized and that won't help.

Richard

(Sent from my iPhone SE)

On Apr 11, 2020, at 6:23 PM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

Hi Listers,

I’ve been using Windows Mail, importing Gmail into it. I am running windows ten and JAWS 2020 Home use. For the past couple of weeks, the messages in my inbox open and but JAWS sits on the message without reading it. Here’s the funny part: If I unload JAWS and bring it back up, it will read the message. Today, I found I had to unload JAWS in order to be able to read something in Word. What can I do to fix this? I shouldn’t have to keep unloading JAWS.

Shirley

Mike B

Another keystroke you can use is, Windows key + up arrow, to maximize a window.

Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 6:56 PM