Topics

moderated sound card crackles

Juan Hernandez

Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you have ever noticed your sound card device crackle when using speech?  I just got a new Lenovo p52 mobile workstation computer and there is some annoying crackle when speech occurs.  I would appreciate if anyone has any good ideas on how to fix this.

Best,

Juan

Michael Munn

HI I have that problem with my Hp NV  x360 Convertible 15m-xxx. I'm still looking for a way to get the problem resolved.
Thanks for your inquiry.
Best regards 
Michael Munn 

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Virginia 

www.nfbv.org

Student of: Hadley Institute of the Blind 

www.hadley.edu

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 1:24 PM Juan Hernandez <juanhernandez98@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you have ever noticed your sound card device crackle when using speech?  I just got a new Lenovo p52 mobile workstation computer and there is some annoying crackle when speech occurs.  I would appreciate if anyone has any good ideas on how to fix this.

Best,

Juan

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Michael and All,
It's likely a soundcard/chip driver issue.
It's possible that a Windows update installed what it thought was a better driver.
For anyone with a sound card crackle problem, I suggest going to your computer manufacturer site and download the specific driver for your model and install it.
I believe you can still set updates to not install drivers after that.
HTH.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2020 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: sound card crackles

HI I have that problem with my Hp NV  x360 Convertible 15m-xxx. I'm still looking for a way to get the problem resolved.
Thanks for your inquiry.
Best regards 
Michael Munn 

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Virginia 

www.nfbv.org

www.hadley.edu

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 1:24 PM Juan Hernandez <juanhernandez98@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Best,

Juan

Chris Hill

I don't know if it would help or not, but it might be worth trying silenzio. 

http://www.stefankiss.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=112

Otherwise, you're likely dealing with a driver issue, finding a newer one than what came with the computer or windows might be the only fix.

On 4/9/2020 12:24, Juan Hernandez wrote:

Hi All,

Best,

Juan

netbat66

try this first.
go to sounds in the control panel. go to the default sound card then see if you have the tab control called enhancements and turn off all enhancements.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2020 10:33 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

HI I have that problem with my Hp NV x360 Convertible 15m-xxx. I'm still looking for a way to get the problem resolved.
Thanks for your inquiry.
Best regards
Michael Munn

www.nfbv.org

www.hadley.edu

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 1:24 PM Juan Hernandez <juanhernandez98@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you have ever noticed your sound card device crackle when using speech? I just got a new Lenovo p52 mobile workstation computer and there is some annoying crackle when speech occurs. I would appreciate if anyone has any good ideas on how to fix this.

Best,

Juan

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Does it happen when you play music?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Juan Hernandez
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 01:25 PM
Subject: sound card crackles

Hi All,

Best,

Juan

Curtis Delzer

NVDA has an add-on for this which works quite well.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@calweb.com

On 4/9/2020 10:33 AM, Michael Munn wrote:
Thanks for your inquiry.
Best regards
Michael Munn
JAWS Certified, 2019 <http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>
www.nfbv.org <http://www.nfbv.org>
www.hadley.edu <http://www.hadley.edu>
On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 1:24 PM Juan Hernandez <juanhernandez98@gmail.com <mailto:juanhernandez98@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi All,____
__ __
I was just wondering if any of you have ever noticed your sound card
device crackle when using speech?  I just got a new Lenovo p52
mobile workstation computer and there is some annoying crackle when
speech occurs.  I would appreciate if anyone has any good ideas on
how to fix this.____
__ __
Best,____
__ __
Juan____

Paul Faucheux

ok juan this is what i did. go to power options and then go to
advanced power settings and check for any thing related to the
graphics card biases set that to maximum power saving biases. also
change the power plan for the graphics card to maximum battery life.
that should fix the problem it has to do with the graphics
card.main@jfw.groups.io

On 4/9/20, Juan Hernandez <juanhernandez98@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you have ever noticed your sound card device
crackle when using speech? I just got a new Lenovo p52 mobile workstation
computer and there is some annoying crackle when speech occurs. I would
appreciate if anyone has any good ideas on how to fix this.

Best,

Juan

Dan Longmore

Hi,

In addition to what others have written I just want to add my experience.

From time to time my sound card will begin to crackle.  Dumping and re starting JAWS fixes the issue.  I have never traced what causes the problem and as it is intermittent it is hard to determine .  I am using Win 10 ,latest version, and latest release of JAWS on an HP with dedicated video memory and 16gb of memory. 

No solution I know rather just a note that I have seen the issue and a JAWS re start takes care of it.

Dan

Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 1:25 PM

Hi All,

Best,

Juan

Jim Pursley

Ditto.  I had thought that my two sound card setup created the interference and warbled speech but it now seems to have another cause.  Closing and reopening JAWS does the trick.

On 4/10/2020 1:11 PM, Dan Longmore wrote:

Hi,

From time to time my sound card will begin to crackle.  Dumping and re starting JAWS fixes the issue.  I have never traced what causes the problem and as it is intermittent it is hard to determine .  I am using Win 10 ,latest version, and latest release of JAWS on an HP with dedicated video memory and 16gb of memory. 

No solution I know rather just a note that I have seen the issue and a JAWS re start takes care of it.

Dan

Hi All,

Best,

Juan

Dan Longmore

Yes, no rhyme or reason to this and when it does occur it is out of the blue with no warning.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Pursley
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 1:55 PM

Ditto.  I had thought that my two sound card setup created the interference and warbled speech but it now seems to have another cause.  Closing and reopening JAWS does the trick.

On 4/10/2020 1:11 PM, Dan Longmore wrote:

Hi,

Dan

Hi All,

Best,

Juan