Topics

moderated JAWS and Messenger

Marty Hutchings

When I get an email saying that so and so has sent me a message, I have the darndest time figuring out just how to read the message.  Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to use Messenger with JAWS?

Justin Williams

What I do is go to open messenger, then shift H until I hear their name, usually this is just once.

The message is usually below that.

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 6:21 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS and Messenger

When I get an email saying that so and so has sent me a message, I have the darndest time figuring out just how to read the message.  Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to use Messenger with JAWS?

Maria Campbell

Use your e for edit and your n to find text, and you should find what you need.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke
On 4/6/2020 6:20 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:

David Diamond

I just minimize my outlook and go to Facebook, then into the messages part of Face Book. Easy and, for me at least efficient.  Yes, JAWS works fine with messenger or Face Book, it is just the browser that gives me problems.  Some are more informative then others.   

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>

IN case any of you guys haven’t heard, a few days ago, Windows10 edition of Facebook Messenger was released, with works great with screen readers! If you guys want to give it a try, download it from https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9WZDNCRF0083

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

De: David Diamond
Enviado: lunes, 6 de abril de 2020 08:38 p. m.
Para: main@jfw.groups.io
Asunto: Re: JAWS and Messenger

I just minimize my outlook and go to Facebook, then into the messages part of Face Book. Easy and, for me at least efficient.  Yes, JAWS works fine with messenger or Face Book, it is just the browser that gives me problems.  Some are more informative then others.   

Tim Ford

Is this the same as FaceBook Messenger?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS and Messenger

IN case any of you guys haven’t heard, a few days ago, Windows10 edition of Facebook Messenger was released, with works great with screen readers! If you guys want to give it a try, download it from https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9WZDNCRF0083

Lino Morales

I use it myself. I have been for a few weeks and it rocks.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 9:41 PM

Tim Ford

My apologies, I just read the note too quickly; it says right there it is for Facebook!  Sorry about that.

Tim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Ford via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 7:02 PM

Is this the same as FaceBook Messenger?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 6:42 PM

Nice to see some more accessible apps for Windows 10 starting to come out.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 7:05 PM

Jacob

Did any one find out how to delete a message? That's the only thing that doesn't work for me in the new client.

OZ0TE Jacob

On 2020-04-07 at 07:08 Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

Justin Williams

Is there a tutorial?

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacob
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 1:16 AM

Did any one find out how to delete a message? That's the only thing that doesn't work for me in the new client.

OZ0TE Jacob

Justin Williams

Like how you know a message as arrived, and things like that.

OZ0TE Jacob

james hooper

I clicked on the get button but nothing appears to haapen.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 8:53 AM

OZ0TE Jacob

JM Casey

Hey guys.

I recentlys tarted using messenger myself (assuming we’re talking about the facebook one). It is alright. I’d still rather use the simple mobile website layout for most things but it’s nice to see when you have messages when you’re not focused on and refreshing a browser window.

Apparently there is a settings button. I can’t seem to find this. I’m using JFW 2018 though and it doesn’t really work the best with these Universal apps. Although I am pretty sure I grabbed something from the Microsoft Store before using jFW, in order to grab messenger I had to switch to nVDA to activate the ‘get” button that I assume the person below me here is referring to.

The call feature seems nice … audio quality is inferior to Skype’s, but I guess that is ok.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of james hooper
Sent: April 7, 2020 11:30 AM

I clicked on the get button but nothing appears to haapen.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 8:53 AM

OZ0TE Jacob

JM Casey

Huh! Is this really that new? I thought Facebook Messenger for Desktop had been around for some time? Funny coincidence if it’s new; I just decided to get it last week because of the audio call feature mostly.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: April 6, 2020 9:42 PM