Topics

moderated Using iTunes with JAWS

Gezim Rexha

Hi all,

I would appreciate some instructions on using iTunes with JAWS. I am using JAWS 2019 and the latest iTunes Version.

Thank you in advance,

Gezim

Thabo Baseki <THAB0.BASEKI@...>

Hi!

Here I’m sharing with you a link which might help. This link takes you too an archived webinar which at some point was on the FS website, but not anymore. I had downloaded it and saved to my OneDrive account so that I could access it anywhere, anytime. Please know that the link will expire in 24 hours.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgHHJHCh65mTgYRfT-9Ikm0YZcgXXA

I hope you’ll find it helpful in it even though somethings might have changed.

Best
Thabo

JAWS certified-2020
http://www.freedomscientific.com/Services/TrainingAndCertification/Certification

I would appreciate some instructions on using iTunes with JAWS. I am using JAWS 2019 and the latest iTunes Version.

Thank you in advance,

Gezim

CJ &AA MAY

I only use it at a basic level.

When iTunes opens, you are offered four lists through which you can arrow.

The first is an alphabetical list of genre choices, starting with all. You can arrow through these choices, so if you are only looking for classical pieces, you would arrow down to that genre and the following two lists would only present music from this genre.

You can then tab to the second list, which is an alphabetical list of artists, starting with All.

The third list would contain albums/songs by your chosen artist. You may have several albums by your preferred artist, in which case you would arrow down to the preferred album.

Lastly, you will now have a list of the songs on that album.

If you just tab through these list without making any adjustments, leaving All as the default, then when you reach the final list, what you will have is a complete list of the music you hold in your iTunes folders.

Alison

I would appreciate some instructions on using iTunes with JAWS. I am using JAWS 2019 and the latest iTunes Version.

Thank you in advance,

Gezim

Ashleigh Piccinino

You might already be doing this, but F6 moves you between panes, so say you’re in your table of values, like music and things. You can move to another pane, like who the artest and stuff is by pressing F6. If you press it repeatedly, you’re back in the table, and tab also works for this. Yet, with tab, you have to listen to JAWS say things like your volume, iTunes store, and a whole bunch of other checkboxes. CTRL will be your best friend if you wan to go to podcasts, movies, and/or books. Note that audiobooks is the only thing available in the books section, something like CTRL and 5 on the numer row. CTRL 4 gets you to youyr pocasts, 3 with CTRL gets you to TV shows, I think, and for movies, CTRL an 2.

On Apr 1, 2020, at 2:11 PM, Gezim Rexha <gezim_rexha@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I would appreciate some instructions on using iTunes with JAWS. I am using JAWS 2019 and the latest iTunes Version.

Thank you in advance,

Gezim

Gezim Rexha

Thank you very much. Excuse my ignorance, but could you please instruct me how I can find and listen a particular audio book if downloaded?

Best regards,

Gezim

[...]

If you press CTRL and 5 on the number row—right above your main keyboard, you’ll be on your books part of iTunes. Think of these areas as tabs, but you should already be in the area where you can select the book of your choice. If you’re not, you get there by tabbing/I think it’s in a table or something. I also think you can press the applications key—shift F10 if not available with the apps key. Then, just arrow up/down to get to play. You can also do this with tab too, I believe/worked when I used that iTunes area. Remember that your “text-based” books don’t appear in books/have to download those from the iTunes Store itself, I thibnk.
Ashleigh Piccinino