Topics

moderated jaws 2020 free authorzation help

Ron Pelletier

Hi Jerry,

JAWS 2020 is not trying to use your old licence. It is just telling you that you don’t have a licence at all and that’s OK.

Once you have registered, you have to go back into your account you created using your user name and password you created and download and install the licence. When you click on the licence to download it, it will ask you to select if you want to run it or save it. You can go ahead and run it and it will download and install all by itself and you will be good to go.

HTH

Ron & Danvers

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry hathaway
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 4:36 PM
To: JFW Listserve <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: jaws 2020 free authorzation help

I downloaded jaws 2020 to my computer, but it keep using 40 minute mode. When I tried to authorize jaws it keep using my authorization code from jaws version 16.0. I register on the license portal and am trying to get the free license but can't seem to get the authorization to put in jaws 2020. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can get this issue fixed.

Jerry

Rob is correct.  After selecting which of the three products, JAWS, Fusion, or ZoomText, that you wish to obtain, a file with whatever name you filled out in the form with some additional characters, with an EXE extension, will download.  Mine was named BrianVogelJAWSLicenseActivator.exe

I imagine you'd substitute Fusion or ZoomText for JAWS in the file name if one of those products was chosen.

I had uninstalled JAWS 2019 from my system before running this installer, and it took care of everything, including installing JAWS 2020.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

Robert Cole

Hi,
On the portal, after registering, You need to choose the product you wish to download, such as Jaws or Fusion.
It will download the activation file to your computer.
So look in your downloads folder for the setup file. Its something like your name Jaws authorization.exe.
Run this file to install the license and it will install Jaws.
I am not on my PC at the moment, so am writing this message from memory.
I hope it helps.

Rob

On Mar 28, 2020, at 4:36 PM, Jerry hathaway <jerry.hathaway2@...> wrote:

I downloaded jaws 2020 to my computer, but it keep using 40 minute mode. When I tried to authorize jaws it keep using my authorization code from jaws version 16.0. I register on the license portal and am trying to get the free license but can't seem to get the authorization to put in jaws 2020. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can get this issue fixed.

Jerry

Richard Turner

You may have to call Freedom Scientific on Monday and see if you can get some help.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry hathaway
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 1:36 PM
To: JFW Listserve <jfw@groups.io>

Jerry

Glenn / Lenny

I would think that they would have sent you a product key number when they gave you the authorization.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 3:36 PM

Jerry

Jerry hathaway

Jerry