Topics

moderated zoom chat

For those who want a great audio book about how to use the most commonly used features of Zoom both as an attendee and as a meeting organizer, please see Jonathan Mosen's webpage for same:  Free audiobook, “Meet Me Accessibly – A Guide to Zoom Cloud Meetings from a Blindness Perspective”

Review his overview about the book contents there and download a free copy.  There's nothing like going to the source, and no point in rehashing anything when the source material is available with a simple link activation.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

David Diamond

Not to sound too stupid, however, does the other person you are calling need an ID # to answer or does it in fact act like making a face time call?  I’ve only used Zoom to join meetings and when someone was helping me with setting up zoom yesterday I had to type in an ID # to talk to him.  Sounds complicated I know.  I talked to him on my landline first and then he kept the landline opened and called me via zoom. However, I needed to keep Zoom opened as well, then had to punch in the ID #.  Thus if I had not been talking to him on the phone, I would had not known he was calling via Zoom as there was no alert.   

george b

Ou also can zoom fact time if both devices have zoom app. installed.

So, if you have a iPhone and another has a android and they both have zoom installed you can live talk  just like apples facetime

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: March 28, 2020 5:36
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: zoom chat

You can chat with zoom?  I thought it was just for meetings, not like skype. 

David Diamond

You can chat with zoom?  I thought it was just for meetings, not like skype. 

Justin Williams

I see a lot of info on having a zoom meeting, but is there anything on the zoom chat messenger?

What I mean is, some of the keystrokes that work in the meeting, don't work in the chat.

Also, I can't copy links or operate them while in the zoom chat room, and it doesn't seem as fluid as the meeting.

Thanks,

Justin