Topics

moderated free jaws help

Jerry hathaway

I registered on the Freedom Scientific Licensing portal to get the free Jaws license that is available until the end of June. After getting register I click on the download and install the program on to my computer, but I cannot find the new Jaws version on my computer and the only Jaws program version of 16.0 that I have on my computer is the only one I can find. Can anyone tell me what went wrong with the process and how I can fix to get the current subscription version of Jaws on my computer.

Jerry

Richard Turner

Did you reboot your computer?
You should have an icon on the desktop for Jaws 2020.

Richard

"Today's poop is tomorrow's fertilizer." -- Anonymous

(Sent from my iPhone SE)

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

On Mar 27, 2020, at 7:48 PM, Jerry hathaway <jerry.hathaway2@...> wrote:

I registered on the Freedom Scientific Licensing portal to get the free Jaws license that is available until the end of June. After getting register I click on the download and install the program on to my computer, but I cannot find the new Jaws version on my computer and the only Jaws program version of 16.0 that I have on my computer is the only one I can find. Can anyone tell me what went wrong with the process and how I can fix to get the current subscription version of Jaws on my computer.

Jerry

Ron Pelletier

Hi Jerry,

If you don’t have a JAWS 2020 icon on your desktop, you have to assume it didn’t install. There is no harm in downloading and install again. If it did install, it will only go into repair mode so no harm done.

Ron & Danvers

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry hathaway
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 10:48 PM
To: JFW Listserve <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: free jaws help

Jerry

I assume whatever registration steps you completed took care of the license you'll need to activate the JAWS you install. You can go to the following site to download the latest JAWS 2020 in order to install it:

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/JAWS

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Pelletier
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 10:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: free jaws help

Hi Jerry,

If you don’t have a JAWS 2020 icon on your desktop, you have to assume it didn’t install. There is no harm in downloading and install again. If it did install, it will only go into repair mode so no harm done.

Ron & Danvers

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry hathaway
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 10:48 PM
To: JFW Listserve <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: free jaws help

Jerry