From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 10:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accessible site for corona statistics?

Can anyone recommend a text-based site for corona
statistics? Everything I find is a graphical screen, or a map.

Thx,

There is a table, in the middle of this webpage:  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html?action=click&pgtype=Article&state=default&module=styln-coronavirus&variant=show&region=TOP_BANNER&context=storyline_menu

That is a by-country table of number of cases and deaths, and the table can be expanded if you wish to look at countries not particularly hard-hit at this time.  The last column is a graphic showing relative number of new cases by week since the end of January through today, and I imagine that range is constantly shifting, and given the amount of information that can be packed into said graphic I am doubting that there is alt-text that runs through each on a week-by-week basis.

        ~ Joshua Liebman

Debby Hill

Here is a site that I have found that  is easy  to use on my iPhone:

Debby

On Mar 22, 2020, at 12:00 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

There is a table, in the middle of this webpage:  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html?action=click&pgtype=Article&state=default&module=styln-coronavirus&variant=show&region=TOP_BANNER&context=storyline_menu

That is a by-country table of number of cases and deaths, and the table can be expanded if you wish to look at countries not particularly hard-hit at this time.  The last column is a graphic showing relative number of new cases by week since the end of January through today, and I imagine that range is constantly shifting, and given the amount of information that can be packed into said graphic I am doubting that there is alt-text that runs through each on a week-by-week basis.

        ~ Joshua Liebman

Stan Bobbitt

Here is one from John Hopkins. The information can be easily navigated using headers or jump to specific sections using word search.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6