From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arkadiusz Swietnicki
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 6:43 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Cannot copy text in Chrome

Hi list,

Sometimes when in Chrome, I cannot copy the selection to the clipboard. It happens only with JAWS, and only with Chrome. What shall. I do?

Abraham Sweiss

I have the same issue with Firefox.
Think this is a known design flaw with jaws, which they have not been able to fix.
Would suggest calling support to see if they can provide any help.

Thanks,abraham

On Mar 20, 2020, at 9:43 AM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

Hi list,

Sometimes when in Chrome, I cannot copy the selection to the clipboard. It happens only with JAWS, and only with Chrome. What shall. I do?

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I sometimes run into this. Sometimes doing a JAWS restart solves it. It can be frustrating.

Sometimes when in Chrome, I cannot copy the selection to the clipboard. It happens only with JAWS, and only with Chrome. What shall. I do?

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Isn’t there a way to fix?

I sometimes run into this. Sometimes doing a JAWS restart solves it. It can be frustrating.

Sometimes when in Chrome, I cannot copy the selection to the clipboard. It happens only with JAWS, and only with Chrome. What shall. I do?

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

I don’t like it, honestly. Is there anything we can do about it? That’s a basic thing that should be fixed.

Think this is a known design flaw with jaws, which they have not been able to fix.
Would suggest calling support to see if they can provide any help.

Thanks,abraham

On Mar 20, 2020, at 9:43 AM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

Hi list,

Sometimes when in Chrome, I cannot copy the selection to the clipboard. It happens only with JAWS, and only with Chrome. What shall. I do?

Abraham Sweiss

I agree. Only thing we can do is keep reporting it to support.

Thanks,abraham

On Mar 20, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

I don’t like it, honestly. Is there anything we can do about it? That’s a basic thing that should be fixed.

Think this is a known design flaw with jaws, which they have not been able to fix.
Would suggest calling support to see if they can provide any help.

Thanks,abraham

On Mar 20, 2020, at 9:43 AM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

Hi list,

Sometimes when in Chrome, I cannot copy the selection to the clipboard. It happens only with JAWS, and only with Chrome. What shall. I do?

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Can I call them outside the US? I am willing to do it even now.

BTW, a funny thing has happened. Your message said something along the lines “We can only report it to support”, right after my TTS finished reading it I heard a message from Outlook: “Not available outside the open message”

Think this is a known design flaw with jaws, which they have not been able to fix.
Would suggest calling support to see if they can provide any help.

Thanks,abraham

On Mar 20, 2020, at 9:43 AM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

Hi list,

Sometimes when in Chrome, I cannot copy the selection to the clipboard. It happens only with JAWS, and only with Chrome. What shall. I do?

Abraham Sweiss

I do not know what the processes for non-US users to engage with support.

Also hopefully you’ll have better luck than I do. Every time I called, they tandems into my computer and all of a sudden the copy started to work.

Thanks,abraham