Topics

moderated JAWS reads out passwords instead of reading "star, star"

Sameer

Dear List Friends,

Whenever I try to type a password, JAWS reads out the actual keys being pressed instead of reading “star, star”. In previous versions, JAWS did not echo passwords but read them as “star, star”.

This problem has been happening in both Chrome & Firefox with JAWS 2020 but not with JAWS 2019. My OS is Windows 10.

Kindly guide me as to what settings I should change in JAWS 2020 so that it does not echo passwords.

Thanking all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India

David Diamond

Most likely you’ve got it set to read out passwords.  Uncheck that box.

Don H

where is this setting for getting jaws to read passwords? FS told me there was no such setting.

On 3/16/2020 1:59 PM, David Diamond wrote:
Most likely you’ve got it set to read out passwords.  Uncheck that box.

netbat66

i wished jaws did have this option. i am tired of haveing to copy and paste my passwords from notepad into the password box.
thats why i continue to use window eyes for this. it has the option to turn the speaking of the keys i press on. or off.
this is at home. i don't have to worry about someone else stealing my passwords.