Topics

moderated Amazon, JAWS, and Firefox

Shirley Tracy

Hello Group:

I have another Amazon dilemma and hope someone can help me. I find that Firefox works best with JAWS on Amazon, but I have to switch to Internet Explorer in order to check out. With Firefox, I get a message at checkout that there was an error. With IE, I can check out but I prefer using Firefox so end up using 2 different brousers to complete one task. Do any of you know what could be wrong? I called the disability number and they had no idea.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

John Covici

What kind of error are you getting? I do this all the time with no
issues. What version of firefox?

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 10:15:36 -0400,
Shirley Tracy wrote:

/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:"Cambria Math";
panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
{margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
{page:WordSection1;}

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Chris

You could try running Firefox with add-ons disabled to see if one of your extensions is at fault

The option can be found under the help menu to disable addons

I have another Amazon dilemma and hope someone can help me. I find that Firefox works best with JAWS on Amazon, but I have to switch to Internet Explorer in order to check out. With Firefox, I get a message at checkout that there was an error. With IE, I can check out but I prefer using Firefox so end up using 2 different brousers to complete one task. Do any of you know what could be wrong? I called the disability number and they had no idea.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Gerald Levy

Try Google Chrome with Amazon.  It works better than IE or Firefox.

Gerald

On 3/15/2020 10:15 AM, Shirley Tracy wrote:

Hello Group:

I have another Amazon dilemma and hope someone can help me. I find that Firefox works best with JAWS on Amazon, but I have to switch to Internet Explorer in order to check out. With Firefox, I get a message at checkout that there was an error. With IE, I can check out but I prefer using Firefox so end up using 2 different brousers to complete one task. Do any of you know what could be wrong? I called the disability number and they had no idea.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

John, where the version number should be, it says 70.0. 64 bit. Does that sound reasonable? I don’t know enough to know.

The error says something to the effect that “We’re sorry but there has been an error with the order. Check your accounts….” I put in quotes, but it’s really a paraphrase. And then if I go to IE, I can get the usual screen and place the order.

I’m puzzled.  Is it JAWS? Amazon? Firefox? Or me?

Shirley

I have been using Chrome and lately the new chromium based Edge for years and I never have any issues with Amazon whether it’s searching for items or checking out.

I have another Amazon dilemma and hope someone can help me. I find that Firefox works best with JAWS on Amazon, but I have to switch to Internet Explorer in order to check out. With Firefox, I get a message at checkout that there was an error. With IE, I can check out but I prefer using Firefox so end up using 2 different brousers to complete one task. Do any of you know what could be wrong? I called the disability number and they had no idea.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Judy

Hi, I use google chrome for amazon, but I personally use the amazon.com/access version of the website. Using that version I have no trouble shopping or checking out. I am using windows 10. Hope this helps and hi to anyone from the old jaws list.  Judy & Libby

I have another Amazon dilemma and hope someone can help me. I find that Firefox works best with JAWS on Amazon, but I have to switch to Internet Explorer in order to check out. With Firefox, I get a message at checkout that there was an error. With IE, I can check out but I prefer using Firefox so end up using 2 different brousers to complete one task. Do any of you know what could be wrong? I called the disability number and they had no idea.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Abraham Sweiss

Have you tried clearing out your browser history? If you don’t know how do a quick Google search and the first link should have detailed steps.

Thanks,abraham

On Mar 15, 2020, at 3:30 PM, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

John, where the version number should be, it says 70.0. 64 bit. Does that sound reasonable? I don’t know enough to know.

The error says something to the effect that “We’re sorry but there has been an error with the order. Check your accounts….” I put in quotes, but it’s really a paraphrase. And then if I go to IE, I can get the usual screen and place the order.

I’m puzzled.  Is it JAWS? Amazon? Firefox? Or me?

Shirley

Pramit

Hi Shirley,

If this is the first time you got the issue with FireFox running Amazon then clearing the cookies and cache of the firefox browser might fix your issue.

Hope this helps

Pramit

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 1:00 AM Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

John, where the version number should be, it says 70.0. 64 bit. Does that sound reasonable? I don’t know enough to know.

The error says something to the effect that “We’re sorry but there has been an error with the order. Check your accounts….” I put in quotes, but it’s really a paraphrase. And then if I go to IE, I can get the usual screen and place the order.

I’m puzzled.  Is it JAWS? Amazon? Firefox? Or me?

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

I,

Yes, it did the trick. Everything is working fine now. I had no idea that’s been the problem.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy