Topics

moderated Keeping track of a particular webpage

Rahul Bajaj

Hi,

I am wondering what is the best solution, using Firefox or Google
Chrome, to do this. I use a service called BlogTrottr which sends
daily emails of updates on chosen webpages, but that does not work for
many webpages. I have played around with RSS feeds but have not found
them to be very uuseful, intuitive to use.

Any ideas?

Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Candidate for the MPhil in Law
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Glenn / Lenny

The way I send a lot of info to me is to copy the URL, with control + L and do the copy command, and simply paste it into an eMail to myself.
Most web browsers have an option under file to send either the page or link to that page by eMail, and again, send it to yourself.
Glenn

I am wondering what is the best solution, using Firefox or Google
Chrome, to do this. I use a service called BlogTrottr which sends
daily emails of updates on chosen webpages, but that does not work for
many webpages. I have played around with RSS feeds but have not found
them to be very uuseful, intuitive to use.

Any ideas?

Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Candidate for the MPhil in Law
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Cohn, Jonathan

I believe Rahul was asking about how to monitor RSS feeds. Some web browsers will support creating a web page for this, but there are also applications dedicated to reading RSS threads. The tricky part, is that you need to find the app that presents the information in a way that you like. Do you want items categorized by keyword, or publisher? Are you OK with an APP or do you want email. I believe that Google does have a service to scan RSS and other constantly updating services and send you a daily summary. Also of interest, is that a podcast is just an RSS that has attached multimedia files.