From: Tim Ford
Sent: 07 March 2020 23:30
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: unload and reload Jaws?

If you enable the insert key sticky mode, it will make this easy as pie, you need only press and release the insert/JAWS key, then press/hold the windows key and tap F4.

From: Dan Longmore [mailto:danlongmore44@...]

To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

Date: Friday, March 6, 2020, 7:18 PM

Subject: unload and reload Jaws?

No, this combination quits JAWS and dumps from memory but a manual re start from shortcut key or other options is required.

Dan

From: Dan Longmore [mailto:danlongmore44@...]

To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

Date: Friday, March 6, 2020, 7:18 PM

[...]

JM Casey

Windows+jaws key+f4 sends a memory dump to some file somewhere and is designed to restart JAWS if there is a hangup. It won’t really work all the time; if JAWS is too unresponsive to even receive the command for instance.

[...]

Bill Tessore

To close JAWS I use: Insert + F4 + Enter. To restart JAWS I use Start + J +Enter.

Shabbat shalom,

BuildTessore
billtessore@...

On Mar 7, 2020, at 10:01 AM, Ken Chernack via Groups.Io <kenchernack@...> wrote:

Good day.

Here’s another way to restart Jaws.

I press the Windows key.

I then press the right arrow key twice.

I then press the up arrow key 3 times to get to Restart.

I then press the Enter key.

I then wait for 30 seconds, hear the music and I am back in business.

HTH,

Ken

On Mar 6, 2020, at 2:59 PM, Andrew J. LaPointe <alapointe89@...> wrote:

Hi, I was using qread and decided to unload jaws (jaws key f4.  When I wanted to reload jaws, I used control alt and j and it didn’t work.  Is there a new way of reloading Jaws now?  I am using the latest jaws 20.  What I had to do was shut the computer and restart and Jaws loaded at startup.  Thank you for your help.  Also, I am most likely getting a used Romeo Printer at Humanware.  Thanks to everyone that helped me sort all this…you are all great!!  Andy and Shubert

Andrew J. LaPointe, President

Friends of the Salem Council on Aging

34 Raymond Ave.

Salem, MA. 01970

Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

David Griffith

Jaws key plus F4 simply unloads Jaws.

However if you review the thread you will find that we have discovered thanks to Bill that Jaws plus Windows key plus F4 does indeed restart  Jaws though this happens quite slowly.

Several people have noticed that this process speeds up for some reason if Narrator is turned on during this restart.

I think this is where we are at.

From: Dan Longmore [mailto:danlongmore44@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Friday, March 6, 2020, 7:18 PM
[...]

Norma A. Boge

Hi Adrian, I was working with a FS tech just a few days ago, trying to resolve a tricky Jaws issue. I had to load and unload a couple different Jaws versions several times, and he was having me start Narrator before starting Jaws. I thought he was having me start Narrator so I could have some speech while starting Jaws, but I suspect it has more to do with the speed of the Jaws re-load.
I'll have to see if using Narrator in this way speeds up the Jaws dump and restart command. That would be great! Best, Norma

[...]

Jason White

To reload JAWS if it becomes unresponsive, use Insert+Windows+F4.

On 3/6/20 7:15 PM, Dan Longmore wrote:

You are correct, JAWS key & F4 simply quits JAWS.

Dan

From: Dan Longmore [mailto:danlongmore44@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Friday, March 6, 2020, 7:18 PM
[...]

Dan Longmore

Yes, I use Narrator in this way at times as well. Narrator is good to have and I have found more reliable than JAWS when computer or software begins to ack a bit flaky.

Dan

[...]

Windows 10