moderated Automatically start the screen shade with Jaws

Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...>

Hi,

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Mike B.

 Press the,Insert + spacebar, letup then press the, Print Screen key.

Or to do it in Jaws quick settings:

To cee if the, Screen Shade, is on or off go into the quick settings menu with, Insert + V, or Capslock plus v if you are using the laptop layout.

Type, shade, in the search field and down arrow 1 time.  Jaws should report if it's checked or not, and if it isn't press the spacebar to check it then tab to, Okay, and press enter to save / close.

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi,
Can you please retype your response in English?
I'd like to know the answer to this question as well, but can't read your response.

Thanks,
Jessica

On Mar 4, 2020, at 6:10 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

[...]

Adrian Spratt

Actually, it is in English. It is also readable, just a little hard. Keep in mind that Mike was writing from his famous barstool.

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Mike B.

Well, the iBarstool has nothing to blame here, it was too early in the day for doing 12 ounce curls!  LOL  LOL
I'll try to put in more simpley:

The screen shade setting does not appear in the Jaws Settings Center and is only accessible through the layered keystroke feature or, Jaws quick settings.

The layered keystroke feature is when you  hold down the Insert key then press down the spacebar, let up on both keys, then press a third key to perform a particular task.  In this case the layered keystroke to turn the, Screen Shade, On or Off task is below:

Hold down the Insert key, then press down the spacebar, now let up on both keys, and tap the, Print Screen, button.

With each press of this keystroke sequence you will hear Jaws report either, Screen shade on or, Screenn shade off.

Since the Jaws screen shade feature isn't available in the Settings Center, and can be only accessed by the 2 ways mentioned above, here's the way to check its current setting through Jaws quick settings:
BTW,  whether you're in Explorer or a program, the screen shade setting is found in the General Options category of Jaws quick settings.

So, when, in or on, most places of your computer press, Insert + V, to open Jaws quick settings.

Down arrow until you hear Jaws report, General Options, and if Jaws reports that it's closed right arrow to open.

Now continue down arrowing until you hear Jaws report, Screen Shade, either checked or unchecked.  Pressing the spacebar will toggle this setting on & off, checked being, On, and unchecked being, Off.

If you make a settings change for this setting or others, then tab to the, Okay button, press enter to save your settings changes & close quick settings.

If this isn't plain enough, will someone please explain it in an easier fashion?!

Okay now it's time for me and the iBarstool to become attached at the seat, so to speak!  LOL  LOL

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Actually, it is in English. It is also readable, just a little hard. Keep in mind that Mike was writing from his famous barstool.

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Richard Turner

For what it is worth, I'm running Jaws 2020 on Windows 10, and the keystroke is insert+spacebar, then f11.
Later,

Richard
"There's a nap for that."

On Mar 4, 2020, at 8:47 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

[...]

Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by F11 or Printscreen both toggle screen curtain on and off, I also prefer F11.

Actually, it is in English. It is also readable, just a little hard. Keep in mind that Mike was writing from his famous barstool.

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...>

I didn’t clarify enough! What I wanted to do is start the screen shade with JAWS, when the program starts up.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by F11 or Printscreen both toggle screen curtain on and off, I also prefer F11.

Actually, it is in English. It is also readable, just a little hard. Keep in mind that Mike was writing from his famous barstool.

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Abraham Sweiss

I do not think this is possible.

You may need to write a script to add that functionality.

Thanks,abraham

On Mar 5, 2020, at 1:56 AM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

[...]

I know how to add, but I don’t know where to add the code that will execute just after startup

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by F11 or Printscreen both toggle screen curtain on and off, I also prefer F11.

Actually, it is in English. It is also readable, just a little hard. Keep in mind that Mike was writing from his famous barstool.

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Abraham Sweiss

I do not know enough about the specifics of the jaws scripting language however here is pseudo code that may help:

Wants Jaws script is loaded
Confirm jaws has started
Enable required functionality

Thanks,abraham

On Mar 5, 2020, at 4:58 AM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

I know how to add, but I don’t know where to add the code that will execute just after startup

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by F11 or Printscreen both toggle screen curtain on and off, I also prefer F11.

Actually, it is in English. It is also readable, just a little hard. Keep in mind that Mike was writing from his famous barstool.

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...>

The code is actually very simple. The script name is ToggleScreenShade, so I just need to call it when JFW starts.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Jaws Key + Spacebar followed by F11 or Printscreen both toggle screen curtain on and off, I also prefer F11.

Actually, it is in English. It is also readable, just a little hard. Keep in mind that Mike was writing from his famous barstool.

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Gmail Jonas

I want you to turn off the monitor
Will save on electric as well

On Mar 4, 2020, at 4:21 PM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

Hi,

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...>

Will his OCR works then?

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

I once did it. I remember I edited some script file to make it happen but I forgot what and how it was done. Could someone help me in that direction? This is for my friend who has an serious eye problem and he needs to have the curtain on all the time..

I have searched in default.jss but that file seems to change a lot from my last visit in it.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Gmail Jonas

I do not see why not!

On Mar 4, 2020, at 8:47 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@fastmail.com

[...]

I just needed THAT! Its name is autostart. Thanks 😊

     *From:*main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

         *From:*main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

         <main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of

         *Sieghard Weitzel

         *Sent:* Thursday, March 5, 2020 7:47 AM

         *To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

         *From:*main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

         <main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of

         *Richard Turner

             *From:*main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

             <main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>> *On Behalf

             Of *Jessica D

             *Sent:* Wednesday, March 4, 2020 7:59 PM

             *To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

                 <mb69mach1@... <mailto:mb69mach1@...>>

[...]

David Kingsbury

Hello,

You can use the layered keystroke Insert and Spacebar together, and then F11. THis is a toggle, so same keystrokes to turn it off. It is temporary, so if you restart your computer, screen shade will be off again.

David