Topics

moderated Cannot toggle capslock while in laptop mode?

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Hi friends!

Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Glenn / Lenny

You have to tap it twice very quickly.

Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Hm, but it does not say “capslock on”, or “capslock off”. Tell me how can I set the key properly

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

netbat66

it depends on the keyboard layout that is used.
i use the desktop layout and the capslock for the jaws key.
in this mode you have to press the capslock and alt left alt key to turn capslock on and off.

Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz �wi�tnicki AKA. Nuno

Michael Mote

Hi all. You can also double tap the caps lock key if you are using the laptop lay-out.

it depends on the keyboard layout that is used.
i use the desktop layout and the capslock for the jaws key.
in this mode you have to press the capslock and alt left alt key to turn capslock on and off.

Hi all. You can also double tap the caps lock key if you are using the laptop lay-out.

it depends on the keyboard layout that is used.
i use the desktop layout and the capslock for the jaws key.
in this mode you have to press the capslock and alt left alt key to turn capslock on and off.

Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use
capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he cannot
toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz wi tnicki AKA. Nuno

Glenn / Lenny

That seems to work in laptop mode too.
Glenn

Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use
capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he
cannot
toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz �wi�tnicki AKA. Nuno

ratshtron

has he tried pressing the caps lock key twice quickly? that should do it.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 3/4/20 01:52 PM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki said:
Hi friends!
Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,
Arkadiusz ¦wiêtnicki AKA. Nuno

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

When you set up capslock as a JFW key in desktop layout the bug I mentioned occurs.

Pozdrawiam,
Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

it depends on the keyboard layout that is used.
i use the desktop layout and the capslock for the jaws key.
in this mode you have to press the capslock and alt left alt key to turn capslock on and off.

Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz wi tnicki AKA. Nuno

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Yes, the capslock is toggled, but no speech prompt is given.

Pozdrawiam,
Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

has he tried pressing the caps lock key twice quickly? that should do it.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 3/4/20 01:52 PM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki said:
Hi friends!
Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot
use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS
key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,
Arkadiusz ¦wiêtnicki AKA. Nuno

Kimber Gardner

Since the caps lock functions as the jaws key in laptop layout you have to hit caps lock twice to envoke the caps lock then twice more to turn it off.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

The happy ending still beckons, and it is in the hope of grasping it that we go on.—Annie Proulx

On Mar 4, 2020, at 4:16 PM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...> wrote:

Yes, the capslock is toggled, but no speech prompt is given.

Pozdrawiam,
Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

has he tried pressing the caps lock key twice quickly? that should do it.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 3/4/20 01:52 PM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki said:
Hi friends!
Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot
use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS
key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,
Arkadiusz ¦wiêtnicki AKA. Nuno

Dave Durber

Hello there:

When you have JAWS laptop keyboard set to the laptop keyboard layout, you need to press the CAPS LOCK key twice quickly, in order to switch between Caps Lock,  on or off.

HTH

Dave durber

Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Mike B

Maybe Capslock isn't set to, Speak, in Settings Center default all applications / Keyboard / Manage key labels...  Have your friend check there to check the Capslock setting.

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

When you set up capslock as a JFW key in desktop layout the bug I mentioned occurs.

Pozdrawiam,
Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

it depends on the keyboard layout that is used.
i use the desktop layout and the capslock for the jaws key.
in this mode you have to press the capslock and alt left alt key to turn capslock on and off.

Lol its me again. I have recommended JFW to my friend, but he cannot use capslock effectively as the JFW key! When he sets it as the JAWS key, he cannot toggle it on and off…

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz  wi tnicki AKA. Nuno

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

I understand. Thank you for your help