Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 12:33 PM
Subject: JFW and the jumping tray

Hi friends!

I am sorry I post so many messages, but this place is new for me and it seems I have too many questions.

I and my friends notice a weird behavior regarding the system tray. Let’s say I open the tray (Windows+B) and navigate with arrow keys through the icons. Everything is good and fun, until I press a letter to navigate to the specific entry in the area. Then, when I press arrows, JFW automatically jumps to the icon I have previously selected with a letter, making the tray unusable by standard means.

Any ideas how can I fix it?

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Mario

don't hesitate to ask any question, no matter if it seems simple.

On 3/4/2020 1:33 PM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki wrote:
Hi friends!
I am sorry I post so many messages, but this place is new for me and it seems I have too many questions.
I and my friends notice a weird behavior regarding the system tray. Let’s say I open the tray (Windows+B) and navigate with arrow keys through the icons. Everything is good and fun, until I press a letter to navigate to the specific entry in the area. Then, when I press arrows, JFW automatically jumps to the icon I have previously selected with a letter, making the tray unusable by standard means.
Any ideas how can I fix it?
Pozdrawiam,
Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Stan Bobbitt

Hi,

I find much more stability accessing the system tray with insert+F11.

HTH,

StanB

I am sorry I post so many messages, but this place is new for me and it seems I have too many questions.

I and my friends notice a weird behavior regarding the system tray. Let’s say I open the tray (Windows+B) and navigate with arrow keys through the icons. Everything is good and fun, until I press a letter to navigate to the specific entry in the area. Then, when I press arrows, JFW automatically jumps to the icon I have previously selected with a letter, making the tray unusable by standard means.

Any ideas how can I fix it?

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

I know, but for my friend it’s a dealbreaker. I would love this problem to be fixed! If it’s possible to report it or help in any way, just tell me how.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

I find much more stability accessing the system tray with insert+F11.

HTH,

StanB

I am sorry I post so many messages, but this place is new for me and it seems I have too many questions.

I and my friends notice a weird behavior regarding the system tray. Let’s say I open the tray (Windows+B) and navigate with arrow keys through the icons. Everything is good and fun, until I press a letter to navigate to the specific entry in the area. Then, when I press arrows, JFW automatically jumps to the icon I have previously selected with a letter, making the tray unusable by standard means.

Any ideas how can I fix it?

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Glenn / Lenny

I think you get more options with the system tray using Windows B instead of insert F11, such as using the applications key.
Glenn

[...]

Right click (alt+4) behaves the same as applications key.

[...]

Adrian Spratt

Two points:

First, when bringing up items in the system tray with insert-F11, you don’t right arrow to make a selection. Instead, press enter. After that, the tab and arrow keys will work, depending on the application selected.

Second, although the mouse right-click and applications key often bring up the same menu, they don’t always. I can’t think of an example as I write, but when you can’t get where you want to with either method, try the other in case.