Topics

moderated JFW and the jumping tray

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Hi friends!

I am sorry I post so many messages, but this place is new for me and it seems I have too many questions.

I and my friends notice a weird behavior regarding the system tray. Let’s say I open the tray (Windows+B) and navigate with arrow keys through the icons. Everything is good and fun, until I press a letter to navigate to the specific entry in the area. Then, when I press arrows, JFW automatically jumps to the icon I have previously selected with a letter, making the tray unusable by standard means.

Any ideas how can I fix it?

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Glenn / Lenny

I've always had problems if you arrow one direction.
I found that if you right arrow and it stops talking, try up arrow or left arrow and you should get all the icons.
HTH.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 12:33 PM
Subject: JFW and the jumping tray

Hi friends!

I am sorry I post so many messages, but this place is new for me and it seems I have too many questions.

I and my friends notice a weird behavior regarding the system tray. Let’s say I open the tray (Windows+B) and navigate with arrow keys through the icons. Everything is good and fun, until I press a letter to navigate to the specific entry in the area. Then, when I press arrows, JFW automatically jumps to the icon I have previously selected with a letter, making the tray unusable by standard means.

Pozdrawiam,

Mario

don't hesitate to ask any question, no matter if it seems simple.

On 3/4/2020 1:33 PM, Arkadiusz Świętnicki wrote:
Hi friends!
Pozdrawiam,

Stan Bobbitt

Hi,

I find much more stability accessing the system tray with insert+F11.

HTH,

StanB

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arkadiusz Swietnicki
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 1:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi friends!

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

I know, but for my friend it’s a dealbreaker. I would love this problem to be fixed! If it’s possible to report it or help in any way, just tell me how.

Pozdrawiam,

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stan Bobbitt
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: JFW and the jumping tray

Hi,

HTH,

StanB

Hi friends!

Pozdrawiam,

Glenn / Lenny

I think you get more options with the system tray using Windows B instead of insert F11, such as using the applications key.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 1:43 PM

I know, but for my friend it’s a dealbreaker. I would love this problem to be fixed! If it’s possible to report it or help in any way, just tell me how.

Pozdrawiam,

Hi,

HTH,

StanB

Hi friends!

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Right click (alt+4) behaves the same as applications key.

Pozdrawiam,

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 8:57 PM

I think you get more options with the system tray using Windows B instead of insert F11, such as using the applications key.

Glenn

Pozdrawiam,

Hi,

HTH,

StanB

Hi friends!

Pozdrawiam,

Adrian Spratt

Two points:

First, when bringing up items in the system tray with insert-F11, you don’t right arrow to make a selection. Instead, press enter. After that, the tab and arrow keys will work, depending on the application selected.

Second, although the mouse right-click and applications key often bring up the same menu, they don’t always. I can’t think of an example as I write, but when you can’t get where you want to with either method, try the other in case.

Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:59 PM

Pozdrawiam,

Glenn

Pozdrawiam,

Hi,

HTH,

StanB

Hi friends!

Pozdrawiam,

muhammadBilal Arshad

Actually I also had this system tray problem in the past.
But what I figures out is that whenever you presses the application key or enter on any icon, your mouse pointer moves to that icon, so when you press any other key to move to another icon, your mouse pointer is still on the previous icon, so your focus moves to that one.
So, use the mouse, or the keys for mouse movements to moves away the mouse from the system tray. What I use is: presses the numpad minus to activate the JAWS cursor, then presses the alt+shift+upArrow to move the mouse to upwards. then use system tray.mouse pointer 

Stan Bobbitt

Also, when you use insert-F11 to bring up the system tray, once you arrow to an item you can tab down and there’s right single click, left single click, and left double click.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 10:59 PM

Two points:

First, when bringing up items in the system tray with insert-F11, you don’t right arrow to make a selection. Instead, press enter. After that, the tab and arrow keys will work, depending on the application selected.

Second, although the mouse right-click and applications key often bring up the same menu, they don’t always. I can’t think of an example as I write, but when you can’t get where you want to with either method, try the other in case.

Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:59 PM

Pozdrawiam,

Glenn

Pozdrawiam,

Hi,

HTH,

StanB

Hi friends!

Pozdrawiam,