From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arkadiusz Swietnicki
Sent: March 4, 2020 4:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: SAPI 4 driver in latest Jaws?

Hello!

I am using JAWS 2020, with a SAPI 5 voice, namely espeak. However I found out that its not as responsive as I can get. And since I am a fast-working person, that’s a nusicance for me. So I came up with an idea to try and stuff a SAPI4 driver into JFW, because SAPI 4 voices tend to be more responsive than SAPI5. Has anyone got any ideas on how to help me and fix my responsiveness problems?

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...>

I guess so. It’s behaving the same on JFW and ZDSR, while NVDA is OK. But that isn’t the solution, as it lacks functionality I need.

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

Not sure, man; I’m surprised there would be such a noticeable difference. Maybe there is a non-SAPI eSpeak you can use? eSpeak is supposed to be one of the most responsive synths around but I guess if the SAPI protocol is slowing you down, that’s a whole separate thing.