moderated SAPI 4 driver in latest Jaws?

Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@...>

Hello!

I am using JAWS 2020, with a SAPI 5 voice, namely espeak. However I found out that its not as responsive as I can get. And since I am a fast-working person, that’s a nusicance for me. So I came up with an idea to try and stuff a SAPI4 driver into JFW, because SAPI 4 voices tend to be more responsive than SAPI5. Has anyone got any ideas on how to help me and fix my responsiveness problems?

Pozdrawiam,

Arkadiusz Świętnicki AKA. Nuno

JM Casey

Not sure, man; I’m surprised there would be such a noticeable difference. Maybe there is a non-SAPI eSpeak you can use? eSpeak is supposed to be one of the most responsive synths around but I guess if the SAPI protocol is slowing you down, that’s a whole separate thing.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arkadiusz Swietnicki
Sent: March 4, 2020 4:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: SAPI 4 driver in latest Jaws?

Hello!

I am using JAWS 2020, with a SAPI 5 voice, namely espeak. However I found out that its not as responsive as I can get. And since I am a fast-working person, that’s a nusicance for me. So I came up with an idea to try and stuff a SAPI4 driver into JFW, because SAPI 4 voices tend to be more responsive than SAPI5. Has anyone got any ideas on how to help me and fix my responsiveness problems?

Pozdrawiam,

I guess so. It’s behaving the same on JFW and ZDSR, while NVDA is OK. But that isn’t the solution, as it lacks functionality I need.

Pozdrawiam,

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: SAPI 4 driver in latest Jaws?

Not sure, man; I’m surprised there would be such a noticeable difference. Maybe there is a non-SAPI eSpeak you can use? eSpeak is supposed to be one of the most responsive synths around but I guess if the SAPI protocol is slowing you down, that’s a whole separate thing.

Hello!

Pozdrawiam,

JM Casey

Yeah; NVDA’s eSpeak module is inb-uilt and doesn’t requrie SAPI so I guess that is definitely source of your problem.

I wonder  if it is possible to edit some settings within windows itself to make it work better. When you say it is unresponsive – you are not talking about long pauses during speech itself right, but rather with delays to actuallys tart speaking?

Sent: March 4, 2020 4:09 PM

I guess so. It’s behaving the same on JFW and ZDSR, while NVDA is OK. But that isn’t the solution, as it lacks functionality I need.

Pozdrawiam,

Hello!

Pozdrawiam,

When I press arrow it takes considerably longer to speak the message,.

Pozdrawiam,

Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 10:29 PM

Yeah; NVDA’s eSpeak module is inb-uilt and doesn’t requrie SAPI so I guess that is definitely source of your problem.

I wonder  if it is possible to edit some settings within windows itself to make it work better. When you say it is unresponsive – you are not talking about long pauses during speech itself right, but rather with delays to actuallys tart speaking?

Pozdrawiam,

Hello!

Pozdrawiam,

JM Casey

Yep, I experience same with nVDA and SAPI5 voices. I do not use them with JAWS; I normally stick to eloquence if I am using speech, but lately am using braille only.

Sent: March 4, 2020 5:18 PM

When I press arrow it takes considerably longer to speak the message,.

Pozdrawiam,

Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 10:29 PM

Pozdrawiam,

Hello!

Pozdrawiam,