From: "James English" <james13english@gmail.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2020 8:05 AM
Subject: facebook messenger issue with chrome/IE and jaws

Hello,

Previously, both chrome and IE were displaying facebook messenger
pages absolutely fine with jaws. However recently, when I log in, I
don't see what would be considered the top half of the screen (the
search box, the settings menu etc), and jaws doesn't read out the
names of the people in my recent messages list.
Does anybody have an idea why this would be/how I can fix it?

- James

James English

Hi,

Unfortunately that had no effect.

- James

On 3/1/20, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@cableone.net> wrote:
Have you tried replacing the WWW with mbasic in the address field?

Previously, both chrome and IE were displaying facebook messenger
pages absolutely fine with jaws. However recently, when I log in, I
don't see what would be considered the top half of the screen (the
search box, the settings menu etc), and jaws doesn't read out the
names of the people in my recent messages list.
Does anybody have an idea why this would be/how I can fix it?

- James

Make sure your browser Window is maximized.

Have you tried replacing the WWW with mbasic in the address field?

Previously, both chrome and IE were displaying facebook messenger
pages absolutely fine with jaws. However recently, when I log in, I
don't see what would be considered the top half of the screen (the
search box, the settings menu etc), and jaws doesn't read out the
names of the people in my recent messages list.
Does anybody have an idea why this would be/how I can fix it?

- James

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Good day sir,
whenever such a think happens, press F11 to maximize the browser window, atleast in Chrome. Keep in min though you will not be able to access the left alt menu while the browser is maximized. You need to press F11 again to restore the browser window to its original state again.
Best,
Nuno.

James English

Hello,

Thanks a lot! That fixed literally the most annoying computer issue
I've had for years.

- James

On 3/3/20, Arkadiusz Świętnicki <nuno69a@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day sir,
whenever such a think happens, press F11 to maximize the browser window,
atleast in Chrome. Keep in min though you will not be able to access the
left alt menu while the browser is maximized. You need to press F11 again to
restore the browser window to its original state again.
Best,
Nuno.

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

I am happy I could help...