Topics

moderated Newbie to SAP, difficulty while using with JAWS 2020.

muhammadBilal Arshad

Greetings to all members…
                                Recently I start working for an accounts office, where most of the day to day business transactions are performed in SAP. For instance, generating pay slips of employees, collecting/sending tax receipts etc.

As per the SAP manual, I configure the accessibility options, screenreader extension is installed, scripting is enable, and using the classic theme. But still JAWS is not supporting with this software.

Although at initial connection setup and log in screen, JAWS works well, yet after logging in it almost stop supporting the application.

For instance, If I open a new document, JAWS cannot read anything with pc cursor. I have to use the jaws cursor all the times. Not only this, even in tables, it cannot read out, in which cell (row/column) currently I’m in, and its headers. And it makes inputting the data into tables almost impossible.

I would like to ask from you that is there any special configuration which I might be missing? I heard that SAP is accessible with JAWS, so there is must be some issue with my installation or with the configuration.

I’m using the SAPGUI 7.4 and the JAWS 2020 Feb release.

Any help from the experienced SAP user or from anyone is appreciated in advance.

Sincerely.

Adriani Botez

Have you enabled allow scripting in accessibility settings? Note that if your SAP environment work with a server/client connection, the administrators must allow scripting on the servers as well. Not only on the client.

Best regards

Adriani

[...]

Dear Adriani, Thanks for your reply.
Yes, on my machine, I checked (enable) the allow scripting box.
And yes, its a server/client sap model. I think you're right, server computer is not enable the scripting at their end, and this is the problem.
Because, As I mentioned earlier, before logging in to the server, Jaws behaves very well. But after login, suddenly each and everything goes out of the way.
I will discuss with my administrator on that one.
are you using/used or/ know anyone who using/used this server/client model or/ any other variant of SAP?
Thanks once again....

Adriani Botez

Are you working on a citrix environment? In that case you must install jaws both on server and client and use jaws tandem.

Yes I am working with sap on a server / client environment.

Regarding allow scripting on server, probably you will have to contact the sap accessibility team. The settings on server end are not as easy to do. There are some forums on sap webpage about that.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 29.02.2020 um 21:07 schrieb muhammadBilal Arshad <muhammadbilalar@...>:

Dear Adriani, Thanks for your reply.
Yes, on my machine, I checked (enable) the allow scripting box.
And yes, its a server/client sap model. I think you're right, server computer is not enable the scripting at their end, and this is the problem.
Because, As I mentioned earlier, before logging in to the server, Jaws behaves very well. But after login, suddenly each and everything goes out of the way.
I will discuss with my administrator on that one.
are you using/used or/ know anyone who using/used this server/client model or/ any other variant of SAP?
Thanks once again....

muhammadBilal Arshad

So, you're also the sap user, great!
Thanks God, its not a citrix environment.
Would you please share with me what SAP and JAWS version you're using?
Are you using the sap gui to login to the server, with user id and password?
Sap configuration at server end? (if you know them.)
How was the accessibility after enable scripting on server?
For what specific purpose you're using sap? I.e. I have to mostly use it for sending tax receipts.
Perhaps you consider this reply as bombardment of questions but I'm just curious.
Thanks for replying.
Best regards....

muhammadBilal Arshad

Adriyani, still waiting for your reply.