From: Carol Hamer [mailto:carol.hamer@...]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 2:59 PM
To: O.AddisonGethers@...
Subject: Com Pilot instructions

Carol Hamer, MA, F-AAA

Audiologist

141 Middle Neck Road

Sands Point, NY  11050

516-944-8900 x235, 516-393-7709  Fax: 516-944-7302

carol.hamer@...

www.hknc.org

Office hours: 8:00 – 3:45 on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

The information contained in this email transmission and any attachments may contain information that is privileged and or confidential and is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or agent responsible for delivering this communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the original communication and any attachment from any computer, server or other electronic recording or storage device. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any privilege.

From: O.Addison Gethers [mailto:o.addisongethers@...]
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Date: Friday, February 28, 2020, 12:18 PM
Hello All I’m using jaws2019  with window10 desktop computer, this is
dbf file  when I press enter on the attachment  then I press insert +
spacebar  then letter o for OCR  then I press letter d for document
then I waited  jaws not reading anything yet !! What am I doing wrong in
here?

Addison

516-944-8900 x235, 516-393-7709  Fax: 516-944-7302

carol.hamer@... <mailto:carol.hamer@...>

www.hknc.org
<https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=89c08575-d541b716-89c27c40-000babd9069e-8ebbd6436b1fc22b&u=http://www.hknc.org/>

[...]

I don't think Sherry knows that a DBF file stands for Data Base Format which holds tectual information. it isn't graphical nore is it a document, so JAWS's OCR won't work to read it.

a dbf file is a database file. I don't think it will work with JAWS's
OCR feature.

Will you please give me the instruction for the new copilot icon you got
me that I receive from you today (Thursday) ? Also  please tell me what
you showed me the button on icon again by power switch  I know there is
2 button on top and what is the other 2 button for ? Is it to max and
minimum the volume ?

Addison

.

Patterson, David K (EOTSS)

No - JAWS OCR will not be able to read a .DBF because it is a database file - You would need to use a DBF viewer but that may not be accessible.

FYI - a DBF holds more than textual information - Data is stored within the file in an array with multiple records and fields.

Dr. David K. Patterson

David K. Patterson
HR/CMS Accessibility Manager
Senior Accessibility Business Systems Analyst
Manager – Assistive Technology Laboratory

Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS)
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
1 Ashburton Place – Room 1601
Boston, MA 02108

Office: (617) 626-4650 | Fax: (617) 626-4454

Email: @DrDavid
Web: https://www.mass.gov/eotss-employee-resources

Accessibility Web: www.mass.gov/accessibility/

EOTSS provides secure and quality digital information, services, and tools
to constituents and service providers when and where they need them.

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__protect2.fireeye.com_url-3Fk-3D89c08575-2Dd541b716-2D89c27c40-2D000babd9069e-2D&d=DwIFaQ&c=lDF7oMaPKXpkYvev9V-fVahWL0QWnGCCAfCDz1Bns_w&r=WSUn3uy5hdDgLE8-G0tLaVr20IUoC22LFvgvdVb36r4&m=81jINaD8aYK32hiyH82woVcm10-HWMDSnb3vgrtH4kU&s=fzFgjxjNOhMqIvuwA51stHSTl5Bw39cvzwgze38tdf4&e=
8ebbd6436b1fc22b&u=https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hknc.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=lDF7oMaPKXpkYvev9V-fVahWL0QWnGCCAfCDz1Bns_w&r=WSUn3uy5hdDgLE8-G0tLaVr20IUoC22LFvgvdVb36r4&m=81jINaD8aYK32hiyH82woVcm10-HWMDSnb3vgrtH4kU&s=nL6m05J_aos_PWJpdSBCk6I7AXugM1k4gGdAxsdfod4&e=>

[...]

Mario I was just doing some thinking while listen to your message in here,I was wondered if it's possible for me to try to used printer info to scan with openbooks !! Do you think that might works? I'm going to try it to se what happen from there.

I don't think Sherry knows that a DBF file stands for Data Base Format
which holds tectual information. it isn't graphical nore is it a
document, so JAWS's OCR won't work to read it.

a dbf file is a database file. I don't think it will work with JAWS's
OCR feature.

Will you please give me the instruction for the new copilot icon you got
me that I receive from you today (Thursday) ? Also please tell me what
you showed me the button on icon again by power switch I know there is
2 button on top and what is the other 2 button for ? Is it to max and
minimum the volume ?

Addison

.

O.Addison Gethers

Hi David I'm going to try to see if printer info with openbooks will read dbf file or not!!
Addison

[...]

if it does print something, it will be at the least gibberish because it is not an image of text or is a document.
.

[...]

Glenn / Lenny

Addison,
Don't you have Office, or another DB software, like one of the free ones?
Such as Open Office or Libra Office.
Not sure I guess why you are wanting to scan it with OCR.
Glenn

Hi David I'm going to try to see if printer info with openbooks will read
dbf file or not!!
Addison

I don't think Sherry knows that a DBF file stands for Data Base Format which
holds tectual information. it isn't graphical nore is it a document, so
JAWS's OCR won't work to read it.

a dbf file is a database file. I don't think it will work with JAWS's OCR
feature.

Will you please give me the instruction for the new copilot icon you got me
that I receive from you today (Thursday) ? Also please tell me what you
showed me the button on icon again by power switch I know there is
2 button on top and what is the other 2 button for ? Is it to max and
minimum the volume ?

Addison

.

O.Addison Gethers

OK Mario !! When I went back open the dbf file in attachment I press alt + p for print then the dialogue box open so I arrow up once intefro printer then press enter then I wait so it was scan into openbook then it was downloaded then jaws say please wait then a message came up to say call freedom scientific something ok button

[...]

Glenn I do have adobe reader

Hi David I'm going to try to see if printer info with openbooks will read
dbf file or not!!
Addison

I don't think Sherry knows that a DBF file stands for Data Base Format which
holds tectual information. it isn't graphical nore is it a document, so
JAWS's OCR won't work to read it.

a dbf file is a database file. I don't think it will work with JAWS's OCR
feature.

Will you please give me the instruction for the new copilot icon you got me
that I receive from you today (Thursday) ? Also please tell me what you
showed me the button on icon again by power switch I know there is
2 button on top and what is the other 2 button for ? Is it to max and
minimum the volume ?

Addison

.

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Addison,
That sounds like it would be best for PDF files, not the type you want to
access.
Glenn

Hi David I'm going to try to see if printer info with openbooks will read
dbf file or not!!
Addison

I don't think Sherry knows that a DBF file stands for Data Base Format which
holds tectual information. it isn't graphical nore is it a document, so
JAWS's OCR won't work to read it.

a dbf file is a database file. I don't think it will work with JAWS's OCR
feature.

Will you please give me the instruction for the new copilot icon you got me
that I receive from you today (Thursday) ? Also please tell me what you
showed me the button on icon again by power switch I know there is
2 button on top and what is the other 2 button for ? Is it to max and
minimum the volume ?

Addison

.

O.Addison Gethers

Hi Glenn Well I opens the document then wait for 1 or 2 minute adobe reader didn't appear on there where I would hear it's say adobe reader left to right something so I can press enter on it

[...]

I'm not sure if Adobe will read data base files. But if it does, I'd
suggest that it's not the best choice for accessing such files.
Glenn

[...]

Glenn then what other suggestion I have ?
Addison

[...]

muhammadBilal Arshad

Dude why are you not try the microsoft access ( a program to interact with database files)
It is available with the ms office.
By the way what information in that particular file which you're trying to access?

Mario

this tells me that there was a message being displayed. what does the message say? press insert+b to repeat the message.

what information are you trying to get from this file? a DBF is not an image nor is it a document.

I just realized something... is the file you're trying to OCR a PDF?
[...]

Mario First of all,when I follow Sherry instruction to try OCR it's say little things but not reading Second of all when I opens the document then adobe reader come up then I wait I don't hear it say left to right something with 1 of 3 and Third of all I try with interfero printer where I just told you in email what it's say when I go back on there I will press insert b to get the message

[...]

You can get Open Office at:
http://www.openoffice.org/
And Libra Office at:
https://www.libreoffice.org/
I used to use Open Office, and switched to Libra Office.
If one doesn't suite your taste, you can use the other.
HTH.
Glenn

[...]

Is not Addison a Dudette?