Topics

moderated a message I keep getting when I boot up my computer.

Jim Rawls

Hi all,

I posted this once before, and I am doing it again, because hopefully someone may have a thought on how to resolve the problem. I have tried calling FS support twice and waited 30 minutes twice, and no one comes on the line to help.

Anyway here is the message. The freedom scientific audio display driver is not installed properly. To fix this problem,  reboot your computer if you have not done so already. If you have rebooted your computer and the problem still exists, run a repair on the jaws installation to repair the display driver. Go to the jaws set up package, and type argument jaws/repair.

I hope I got this correct. the message goes by so fast when I boot up, and I can’t get it to hold for me. It says the message and there is an ok button, and that’s it. Is there any way to resolve this? jim

Richard Turner

If you run the jaws install file you should get an option to repair jaws.

Hopefully that will do it.

Otherwise, you probably get to sit on hold or hope someone here has more info.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 11:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: a message I keep getting when I boot up my computer.

Hi all,

I posted this once before, and I am doing it again, because hopefully someone may have a thought on how to resolve the problem. I have tried calling FS support twice and waited 30 minutes twice, and no one comes on the line to help.

Anyway here is the message. The freedom scientific audio display driver is not installed properly. To fix this problem,  reboot your computer if you have not done so already. If you have rebooted your computer and the problem still exists, run a repair on the jaws installation to repair the display driver. Go to the jaws set up package, and type argument jaws/repair.

I hope I got this correct. the message goes by so fast when I boot up, and I can’t get it to hold for me. It says the message and there is an ok button, and that’s it. Is there any way to resolve this? jim

And are you sure it’s not the “video display driver”, I have never heard of an “audio display driver”.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: a message I keep getting when I boot up my computer.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Hi all,

Ann Byrne

YOu may have to completely uninstall JAWS and reinstall it. I think that's how I got rid of that message. Uninstalled including from the apps\roaming whatever that is hidden.

Good luck!

Randy Barnett

Yes repair Jaws as it requests. Download the correct version of jaws for you. Run it and select repair.

On 2/17/2020 11:16 AM, Jim Rawls wrote:

Hi all,

Jim Rawls

I did just that, and still have the problem. Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 2:29 PM

YOu may have to completely uninstall JAWS and reinstall it. I think
that's how I got rid of that message. Uninstalled including from the
apps\roaming whatever that is hidden.

Good luck!

Jim Rawls

IGT IS GTHE VIDEO DISPLAY DFRIVER. I JUSGT WROTE IT INCORRECTLYY.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 12:45 PM

And are you sure it’s not the “video display driver”, I have never heard of an “audio display driver”.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 11:19 AM

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Hi all,

Probably time to involve Jaws tech support, if the first person can't help you have to ask to have this escalated so somebody from their higher level of tech support will get in touch.

Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 3:49 PM

I did just that, and still have the problem. Jim

YOu may have to completely uninstall JAWS and reinstall it. I think that's how I got rid of that message. Uninstalled including from the apps\roaming whatever that is hidden.

Good luck!

Mike B

Also, FS tech support has a prompt that allows you to leave your phone number and they will call when your turn in line comes up.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 5:14 PM

Probably time to involve Jaws tech support, if the first person can't help you have to ask to have this escalated so somebody from their higher level of tech support will get in touch.

Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 3:49 PM

I did just  that, and still have the problem. Jim

YOu may have to completely uninstall JAWS and reinstall it.  I think that's how I got rid of that message.  Uninstalled including from the apps\roaming whatever that is hidden.

Good luck!

Randy Barnett

You may need to reinstall your video card driver. press the windows key and type Device manager. Now in the device manager window tab once and arrow down to display adapters and right arrow to expand the category. now arrow to your video card and press the delete key. In the window that pops up check the box that says remove software and then click OK. Now restart your PC and windows will reinstall the correct drivers for you. then restart your PC and see if you still get the message. if so repair jaws and restart the PC again. if this doesn't work then FS is your only real option.

On 2/17/2020 3:48 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:
I did just that, and still have thse problem. Jim

YOu may have to completely uninstall JAWS and reinstall it. I think
that's how I got rid of that message. Uninstalled including from the
apps\roaming whatever that is hidden.

Good luck!