Topics

moderated a message I keep getting when I boot up my computer.

Jim Rawls

Hi all,

I posted this once before, and I am doing it again, because hopefully someone may have a thought on how to resolve the problem. I have tried calling FS support twice and waited 30 minutes twice, and no one comes on the line to help.

Anyway here is the message. The freedom scientific audio display driver is not installed properly. To fix this problem,  reboot your computer if you have not done so already. If you have rebooted your computer and the problem still exists, run a repair on the jaws installation to repair the display driver. Go to the jaws set up package, and type argument jaws/repair.

I hope I got this correct. the message goes by so fast when I boot up, and I can’t get it to hold for me. It says the message and there is an ok button, and that’s it. Is there any way to resolve this? jim

Richard Turner

If you run the jaws install file you should get an option to repair jaws.

Hopefully that will do it.

Otherwise, you probably get to sit on hold or hope someone here has more info.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

I posted this once before, and I am doing it again, because hopefully someone may have a thought on how to resolve the problem. I have tried calling FS support twice and waited 30 minutes twice, and no one comes on the line to help.

Anyway here is the message. The freedom scientific audio display driver is not installed properly. To fix this problem,  reboot your computer if you have not done so already. If you have rebooted your computer and the problem still exists, run a repair on the jaws installation to repair the display driver. Go to the jaws set up package, and type argument jaws/repair.

I hope I got this correct. the message goes by so fast when I boot up, and I can’t get it to hold for me. It says the message and there is an ok button, and that’s it. Is there any way to resolve this? jim

And are you sure it’s not the “video display driver”, I have never heard of an “audio display driver”.

I posted this once before, and I am doing it again, because hopefully someone may have a thought on how to resolve the problem. I have tried calling FS support twice and waited 30 minutes twice, and no one comes on the line to help.

Anyway here is the message. The freedom scientific audio display driver is not installed properly. To fix this problem,  reboot your computer if you have not done so already. If you have rebooted your computer and the problem still exists, run a repair on the jaws installation to repair the display driver. Go to the jaws set up package, and type argument jaws/repair.

I hope I got this correct. the message goes by so fast when I boot up, and I can’t get it to hold for me. It says the message and there is an ok button, and that’s it. Is there any way to resolve this? jim

Ann Byrne

YOu may have to completely uninstall JAWS and reinstall it. I think that's how I got rid of that message. Uninstalled including from the apps\roaming whatever that is hidden.

Good luck!

Randy Barnett

Yes repair Jaws as it requests. Download the correct version of jaws for you. Run it and select repair.

On 2/17/2020 11:16 AM, Jim Rawls wrote:

[...]

I did just that, and still have the problem. Jim

YOu may have to completely uninstall JAWS and reinstall it. I think
that's how I got rid of that message. Uninstalled including from the
apps\roaming whatever that is hidden.

Good luck!

Jim Rawls

IGT IS GTHE VIDEO DISPLAY DFRIVER. I JUSGT WROTE IT INCORRECTLYY.

[...]

Probably time to involve Jaws tech support, if the first person can't help you have to ask to have this escalated so somebody from their higher level of tech support will get in touch.

I did just that, and still have the problem. Jim

YOu may have to completely uninstall JAWS and reinstall it. I think that's how I got rid of that message. Uninstalled including from the apps\roaming whatever that is hidden.

Good luck!

Mike B

Also, FS tech support has a prompt that allows you to leave your phone number and they will call when your turn in line comes up.

Sent: Monday, February 17, 2020 5:14 PM