Topics

moderated Edge And Forms Mode

Pastor Gil Pries

I am using the latest version of Edge, JAWS 2020 and Windows 10 version 1909.

Here is the site I am having trouble with.

Jaws won’’t speak the fields in the edit box

Pastor Gil

https://www.rtcsnv.com/ways-to-travel/paratransit-accessibility/order-paratransit-passes-online/#22pass.

Richard Turner

They read correct with Firefox but not with Edge.

So, the question is should this be reported to Freedom Scientific or Microsoft.

I would lean toward reporting it to both.

I suspect though, this is an issue with Edge since Jaws speaks the field names as you tab with Firefox.

You may want to call Microsoft Accessibility, 800-936-5900 and have them log into your computer and see what you are seeing/hearing, grin.

Later,

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

I am using the latest version of Edge, JAWS 2020 and Windows 10 version 1909.

Here is the site I am having trouble with.

Jaws won’’t speak the fields in the edit box

Pastor Gil

https://www.rtcsnv.com/ways-to-travel/paratransit-accessibility/order-paratransit-passes-online/#22pass.

Pastor Gil Pries

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

I talked with the rep at Microsoft Disability answer desk, and she is going to send an email to the engineers so they can fix this.

On Monday, I will call JAWS support and report this also.

In Internet Explorer, the fields read perfectly.

Pastor Gil

Marty Hutchings

I hit this website with JAWS 2019 and Firefox.  When I hit the letter E to get to the first edit field, JAWS said “name”, hitting E again and JAWS said “member ID” and again got me “phone number”.  When I hit the TAB key for these fields, JAWS made the sound when going into forms mode, but no label for the field was spoken.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:16 AM

I am using the latest version of Edge, JAWS 2020 and Windows 10 version 1909.

Here is the site I am having trouble with.

Jaws won’’t speak the fields in the edit box

Pastor Gil

https://www.rtcsnv.com/ways-to-travel/paratransit-accessibility/order-paratransit-passes-online/#22pass.

Richard Turner

Using Firefox Version 72.0.2 and JAWS Version 2020.2001.70.400

This is what Jaws says in forms mode as I tab:

Paratransit Rider’s Name:
Edit‑

Paratransit Rider ID:
Edit‑

Phone Number:
Edit‑

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:16 AM

I am using the latest version of Edge, JAWS 2020 and Windows 10 version 1909.

Here is the site I am having trouble with.

Jaws won’’t speak the fields in the edit box

Pastor Gil

https://www.rtcsnv.com/ways-to-travel/paratransit-accessibility/order-paratransit-passes-online/#22pass.

Pastor Gil Pries

Thanks Marty.

Pastor Gil

Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:16 AM

I am using the latest version of Edge, JAWS 2020 and Windows 10 version 1909.

Here is the site I am having trouble with.

Jaws won’’t speak the fields in the edit box

Pastor Gil

https://www.rtcsnv.com/ways-to-travel/paratransit-accessibility/order-paratransit-passes-online/#22pass.

Pastor Gil Pries

Thanks Richard,

Firefox reads it and so does internet explorer.

Pastor Gil