moderated Control+shift+N not revealing page number in Adobe Reader 10, when used with JAWS 2020

Rahul Bajaj

Hi,

When I press control+shift+n to check my page number, it says '1',
when I know for a fact that I am not on the first page. It refuses to
reveal what page I am actually on. The reason I am not using a more
recent version of Adobe Reader is because Adobe Reader XI gives rise
to the problem of JAWS jumping around from page to page, and does not
retain focus. How can I fix this?

Best,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Candidate for the MPhil in Law
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Chris Hill

On 2/10/2020 11:13, Rahul Bajaj wrote:
> Hi, > > When I press control+shift+n to check my page number, it says '1', > when I know for a fact that I am not on the first page. It refuses > to reveal what page I am actually on. The reason I am not using a > more recent version of Adobe Reader is because Adobe Reader XI gives > rise to the problem of JAWS jumping around from page to page, and > does not retain focus. How can I fix this? > > Best, Rahul > > >

The latest version of adobe is adobe reader dc 19.0.  It is having no trouble showing the current page number in the ctrl+shift+n dialog, and it isn't skipping around either.