Topics

moderated enoing problem in jaws

aad leeflang

hello all
in jaws 2019 and allso in jaws 2020
i often run into the problem that while typing a message or doing some
work on my pc the pc cursor jumps to the jaws cursor.
for instance when i write a meesage and give an enter to the next line i
hear myh speech say "jaws" and i have to press the numeric + to get back
to pc.
does anyone has the same and if so how to deal with this, for this is
verry disturbing.
aad
--
aad leeflang <aad@...>

Richard Turner

I've never run across this. Which keyboard layout are you using?

Richard

On Feb 7, 2020, at 5:57 PM, aad leeflang <aad@...> wrote:

hello all
in jaws 2019 and allso in jaws 2020
i often run into the problem that while typing a message or doing some
work on my pc the pc cursor jumps to the jaws cursor.
for instance when i write a meesage and give an enter to the next line i
hear myh speech say "jaws" and i have to press the numeric + to get back
to pc.
does anyone has the same and if so how to deal with this, for this is
verry disturbing.
aad
--
aad leeflang <aad@...>

Mike B

I wonder if the virtual cursor isn't turned on for all applications.  Here's something you can try. While in any application, hold down the Insert key and tap the, Z, key twice quickly.  What you want to hear is, the virtual cursor will  be turned on for all applications.  If you hear, the virtual cursor will be turned off for all applications, do the keystroke, Insert + Z twice quickly, to toggle it to on for all applications.

Sent: Friday, February 07, 2020 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: enoing problem in jaws

I've never run across this. Which keyboard layout are you using?

Richard

On Feb 7, 2020, at 5:57 PM, aad leeflang <aad@...> wrote:

hello all
in jaws 2019 and allso in jaws 2020
i often run into the problem that while typing a message or doing some
work on my pc the pc cursor jumps to the jaws cursor.
for instance when i write a meesage and give an enter to the next line i
hear myh speech say "jaws" and i have to press the numeric + to get back
to pc.
does anyone has the same and if so how to deal with this, for this is
verry disturbing.
aad
--
aad leeflang <aad@...>

Abraham Sweiss

I run into this issue on a daily bases with both FF and crome .
I run SalesForce in FF and when entering in text, things start off
welll and then for some reason switches to the jaws cursor. I also
run into this behavior when trying to update a work item in a GIT Repo
.
For crome, I run Slack and I can enter in a comment. Once i hit the
enter key it switches to the jaws cursor.
I have a fully patched Windows 10 laptop and also keep FF and Crome up
to date. I use the standard desktop keyboard which is connected
through a docking station to my laptop.
And for the cursor not turned on for all applications. If that was
the case then would expect consistent behavior where it either does
not work all the time or works all the time. And not start working
and then for some unknown reason other then pressing enter it switches
to the jaws cursor

BTW: I understand that will be told to contact support but I have run
into issues where I am told no one else reported the issue then get on
calls with other jaws users who ran into the same issue and was told
the same thing from support.

On 2/7/20, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
I wonder if the virtual cursor isn't turned on for all applications. Here's

something you can try. While in any application, hold down the Insert key
and tap the, Z, key twice quickly. What you want to hear is, the virtual
cursor will be turned on for all applications. If you hear, the virtual
cursor will be turned off for all applications, do the keystroke, Insert + Z

twice quickly, to toggle it to on for all applications.

I've never run across this. Which keyboard layout are you using?

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with
it."
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane
Wagner

On Feb 7, 2020, at 5:57 PM, aad leeflang <aad@...> wrote:

hello all
in jaws 2019 and allso in jaws 2020
i often run into the problem that while typing a message or doing some
work on my pc the pc cursor jumps to the jaws cursor.
for instance when i write a meesage and give an enter to the next line i
hear myh speech say "jaws" and i have to press the numeric + to get back
to pc.
does anyone has the same and if so how to deal with this, for this is
verry disturbing.
aad
--
aad leeflang <aad@...>

--
Thanks,
Abraham

Marten Post Uiterweer

Aad,

Do you have this only on webpages?

What browser are you using?

Regards, marten

On Fri, 07 Feb 2020 16:57:16 +0100 "aad leeflang" <aad@...> wrote:

hello all
in jaws 2019 and allso in jaws 2020
i often run into the problem that while typing a message or doing some
work on my pc the pc cursor jumps to the jaws cursor.
for instance when i write a meesage and give an enter to the next line i
hear myh speech say "jaws" and i have to press the numeric + to get back
to pc.
does anyone has the same and if so how to deal with this, for this is
verry disturbing.
aad
--
aad leeflang <aad@...>

Mike B

Hi Abraham,

Just a suggestion to maybe experiment with.  Have you looked in your Settings Center default all applications at the following setting.  It's located in the, Miscellaneous, folder #24 of 25.  Or, possibly changing your forms mode settings.

Virtual Cursor On/Off based on Browser Tabs checked

When this check box is selected, JAWS remembers the current state of the Virtual Cursor when toggled using INSERT+Z for a tab in Google Chrome. For example, if you choose to turn the Virtual Cursor off in a web application such as GMail which offers a better user experience, and then you press CTRL+N or CTRL+T to open a web page in a new tab, the Virtual Cursor will be turned back on, but will remain off in GMail. This allows you to move focus back to GMail and not have to remember to disable the Virtual Cursor again. The Virtual Cursor reverts back to its default setting when you close the browser tab or restart JAWS.
Clearing this check box causes the Virtual Cursor to go back to the default setting when focus changes as it did in prior versions. For example, if you turn it off in GMail and then press ALT+TAB to move to another window, the Virtual Cursor will be turned back on when focus returns to GMail.
This check box is selected by default. For technical reasons, this feature only works in Chrome at this time.

Sent: Friday, February 07, 2020 11:15 PM

--
Thanks,
Abraham

aad leeflang

hello marten,
no i allso have this when i write this mail to you and press enter to
create a new line.
my pc says than: jaws and i have to switch it nanually back to pc.
i allso had this in jaws 2019 so it does not have to do with jaws 2020.
all the best
aad

On Sat, 08 Feb 2020 12:53:40 +0100
"Marten Post Uiterweer" <martenpu@...> wrote:

[...]

i am using
the desktop layaout. qwerti keyboard
aad
On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 03:05:24 +0000
"Richard Turner" <richardturner42@...> wrote:

[...]

hello bernard,
my cursor is turned on for all applications.
it does not change the behaviour.
aad
On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 20:53:42 -0800
"Mike B" <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

[...]

I think the program you are writing the message in is doing something so
jaws thins that it must go to the virtual pc cursor. Instead of enter,
try shift-enter.

The mail-program you are writing your message in, is that still Becky
mail?
Do you have this problem in other programs too?>

Regards, Marten

On Sat, 08 Feb 2020 13:50:15 +0100 "aad leeflang" <aad@...> wrote:

[...]

yes i am still using becky.
it allso happens in other programms for example in notepad.
and it allso heppens while i am typing.
sometimes it says jaws, sometimes it says "invisible"
so it is not only accuring duringthe enter keystroke.
aad

On Sat, 08 Feb 2020 14:54:32 +0100
[...]

Have you tried a different keyboard?

That sounds like the minus key on the numpad is getting activated at random.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

[...]

helolo
i havd just unplugged my usb keyboard and linked it to another usb port
and now the problem does not occur.
it could be the effec of unlinking and linking the keyboard or because
of a diffedrent usb port.
i have usb 3 and usb 2 ports on this machine although i don;t know if
that matters in this case.
any way thanks for your help.
aad
On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 15:28:05 +0000
[...]

thanks for your help.
looks as if the problem is solved by linkiing my kieyboard to another
usb port.