From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Denise J Moses
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 4:47 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: seeing how many messages I have in Outlook

I used to be able to press JAWS key plus 3 on the number pad & it would tell me how many email messages I have.  I use Outlook 2016, Windows 10 & JAWS 2018.  How do I get this to work again?

Thank you.

Denise

Marcia Moses <mgmoses@...>

When I press insert plus the 3, it says""pass key through."

I'm using Jaws 2020, windows ten and Outlook 2016.

Marcia

That keystroke works for me, but when it doesn’t it usually is because Outlook is displaying some message somewhere which you may or may not be able to get to with Jaws to dismiss it.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of David Diamond <Daviddiamond2019@...>
Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 09:02
To: "main@jfw.groups.io" <main@jfw.groups.io>

As Seigart said, you need to use the num pad on your keyboard.  Following his clear instructions nets the result he mentioned, I tested it and got the same message he stated, save I have more messages.

When I press insert plus the 3, it says""pass key through."

I'm using Jaws 2020, windows ten and Outlook 2016.

Marcia

That keystroke works for me, but when it doesn’t it usually is because Outlook is displaying some message somewhere which you may or may not be able to get to with Jaws to dismiss it.

I used to be able to press JAWS key plus 3 on the number pad & it would tell me how many email messages I have.  I use Outlook 2016, Windows 10 & JAWS 2018.  How do I get this to work again?

Thank you.

Denise

Denise J Moses

I have a regular keyboard plugged into my laptop.  I have the number pad next to the qwerty keyboard.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of David Diamond <Daviddiamond2019@...>
Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 09:02
To: "main@jfw.groups.io" <main@jfw.groups.io>

As Seigart said, you need to use the num pad on your keyboard.  Following his clear instructions nets the result he mentioned, I tested it and got the same message he stated, save I have more messages.

When I press insert plus the 3, it says""pass key through."

I'm using Jaws 2020, windows ten and Outlook 2016.

Marcia

That keystroke works for me, but when it doesn’t it usually is because Outlook is displaying some message somewhere which you may or may not be able to get to with Jaws to dismiss it.

I used to be able to press JAWS key plus 3 on the number pad & it would tell me how many email messages I have.  I use Outlook 2016, Windows 10 & JAWS 2018.  How do I get this to work again?

Thank you.

Denise

David Diamond

I think I am missing something here.  I too use my exchange accounts primarily however, when I do open my Gmail account using office 365, it does tell me how many unread messages I have.  Perhaps the query about message count means something else?

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of David Diamond <Daviddiamond2019@...>
Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 09:02
To: "main@jfw.groups.io" <main@jfw.groups.io>

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of David Diamond <Daviddiamond2019@...>
Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 09:02
To: "main@jfw.groups.io" <main@jfw.groups.io>

As Seigart said, you need to use the num pad on your keyboard.  Following his clear instructions nets the result he mentioned, I tested it and got the same message he stated, save I have more messages.

When I press insert plus the 3, it says""pass key through."

I'm using Jaws 2020, windows ten and Outlook 2016.

Marcia

That keystroke works for me, but when it doesn’t it usually is because Outlook is displaying some message somewhere which you may or may not be able to get to with Jaws to dismiss it.

I used to be able to press JAWS key plus 3 on the number pad & it would tell me how many email messages I have.  I use Outlook 2016, Windows 10 & JAWS 2018.  How do I get this to work again?

Thank you.

Denise

Denise J Moses

Yes it used to say that but now it says click here to always preview messages.  Then if I enter on it it takes me to the first message in the list.  Then when I go back to all the messages & press JAWS key plus num pad 3 it says 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of David Diamond <Daviddiamond2019@...>
Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 09:02
To: "main@jfw.groups.io" <main@jfw.groups.io>

As Seigart said, you need to use the num pad on your keyboard.  Following his clear instructions nets the result he mentioned, I tested it and got the same message he stated, save I have more messages.

When I press insert plus the 3, it says""pass key through."

I'm using Jaws 2020, windows ten and Outlook 2016.

Marcia

That keystroke works for me, but when it doesn’t it usually is because Outlook is displaying some message somewhere which you may or may not be able to get to with Jaws to dismiss it.

I used to be able to press JAWS key plus 3 on the number pad & it would tell me how many email messages I have.  I use Outlook 2016, Windows 10 & JAWS 2018.  How do I get this to work again?

Thank you.

Denise

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Well you need to find the jaws command key strokes to read the status line and then you can arrow right and left to all the items in the status line.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of David Diamond <Daviddiamond2019@...>
Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 09:02
To: "main@jfw.groups.io" <main@jfw.groups.io>

As Seigart said, you need to use the num pad on your keyboard.  Following his clear instructions nets the result he mentioned, I tested it and got the same message he stated, save I have more messages.

When I press insert plus the 3, it says""pass key through."

I'm using Jaws 2020, windows ten and Outlook 2016.

Marcia

That keystroke works for me, but when it doesn’t it usually is because Outlook is displaying some message somewhere which you may or may not be able to get to with Jaws to dismiss it.

I used to be able to press JAWS key plus 3 on the number pad & it would tell me how many email messages I have.  I use Outlook 2016, Windows 10 & JAWS 2018.  How do I get this to work again?

Thank you.

Denise

Denise J Moses

Where do I find the JAWS status line?

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of David Diamond <Daviddiamond2019@...>
Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 09:02
To: "main@jfw.groups.io" <main@jfw.groups.io>

As Seigart said, you need to use the num pad on your keyboard.  Following his clear instructions nets the result he mentioned, I tested it and got the same message he stated, save I have more messages.

When I press insert plus the 3, it says""pass key through."

I'm using Jaws 2020, windows ten and Outlook 2016.

Marcia

That keystroke works for me, but when it doesn’t it usually is because Outlook is displaying some message somewhere which you may or may not be able to get to with Jaws to dismiss it.

I used to be able to press JAWS key plus 3 on the number pad & it would tell me how many email messages I have.  I use Outlook 2016, Windows 10 & JAWS 2018.  How do I get this to work again?

Thank you.

Denise

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Press F6 until you hear Filter Applied, then tab to Clear All then OK.

All the best

Steve

I used to be able to press JAWS key plus 3 on the number pad & it would tell me how many email messages I have.  I use Outlook 2016, Windows 10 & JAWS 2018.  How do I get this to work again?

Thank you.

Denise

Steve Nutt

Try Insert 3 on the number pad.