Topics

moderated JAWS and Cisco Webex - Conferencing And Screen Sharing Application

Mark Fisher

Hi

At work, I use Windows 7 (upgrading to Windows 10 later this year) and JAWS 2020.

In March, we are moving to Webex (no Zoom or Microsoft Teams for us!!!).

I'm interested in understanding if anyone else has had experience with JAWS and Webex - tips, tricks or accessibility issues. Hoping to influence ahead of time if possible where I can.

Cheers and have a great day.

Mark Fisher

Sorry - I forogt to mention that I have have noted a Cisco help topic which indicates it works for Jaws version 15 to 18 but no mention of versions after this.

Mark

Jason White

It’s somewhat accessible with JAWS 2020, but I only use it for connecting to audio conferences. I haven’t tried the text chat aspects of the tool. There are some useful keyboard commands documented on Cisco’s Web site.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Mark Fisher <fishsilv@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 07:50
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Re: JAWS and Cisco Webex - Conferencing And Screen Sharing Application

Sorry - I forogt to mention that I have have noted a Cisco help topic which indicates it works for Jaws version 15 to 18 but no mention of versions after this.

Mark

Sean Murphy

The chat function in the latest version of WebEx works fine. The version of Jaws it’s not a major issue as that’s the version of tested it with.  any issues send an email to accessibility at cisco.com

My experience is the part

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Mark Fisher <fishsilv@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 07:50
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>

Sorry - I forogt to mention that I have have noted a Cisco help topic which indicates it works for Jaws version 15 to 18 but no mention of versions after this.

Mark

Mark Fisher

Thanks for the feedbgack - will see how we go in March.

Cheers
Mark