Topics

moderated Accessible Twitter clients

ann

Hi,

What is the most accessible Twitter client to use with the latest Jaws on a Windows 10 machine?

Thanks,

~Ann

Peter op t Hof

Hi,

TWblue or now not updated anymore Chickennugget.

Op 1-2-2020 om 23:08 schreef ann:

Hi,

What is the most accessible Twitter client to use with the latest Jaws on a Windows 10 machine?

Thanks,

~Ann

Melissa Stott

I personally use TWBlue.

                .                               Melissa

What is the most accessible Twitter client to use with the latest Jaws

on a Windows 10 machine?

Thanks,

~Ann

Andy

I would say TW Blue.

Andy

What is the most accessible Twitter client to use with the latest Jaws on a Windows 10 machine?

Thanks,

~Ann

Chris Hill

It is hard to get much out of twitter with tw-blue.  I have yet to figure out how to actually follow a conversation with it, not for lack of trying.

On 2/1/2020 20:51, Andy wrote:
I would say TW Blue.

Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "ann" <tate886@gmail.com>
What is the most accessible Twitter client to use with the latest Jaws on a Windows 10 machine?

Thanks,

~Ann

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 10:47 PM 2/1/2020, Chris Hill wrote:
It is hard to get much out of twitter with tw-blue. I have yet to
figure out how to actually follow a conversation with it, not for lack of trying.

You can follow conversations with the hotkey alt+windows+C. But the conversation gets displayed in its own buffer, which you can either access from the tree view or by moving the buffer focus with alt+windows+left-arrow. However, the conversation buffer only shows your conversation with a user, which is vastly different from a Twitter thread. I still can't figure out how to make TWBlue display complete threads. All I get are original tweets. I'm also speculating that TWBlue does in fact display replies to tweets, but rather than group them by thread, they're in chronological order.
Even so, it's hard to follow a thread when it's broken up over hundreds of tweets.
Orlando Enrique Fiol

Chris Hill

That's what I'm not getting is replies to tweets.  I never see them, so I suspect they aren't shown, which makes the whole thing pretty useless to me.  Sad, but the ios app is a more useful tool by far.

On 2/1/2020 22:15, Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

You may be right, digging through tw-blue, it seems like things are just thrown out in chronological order.  I guess that is better than nothing, but I think I'll just use my phone.

On 2/2/2020 06:02, Chris Hill wrote:
[...]

Pramit

Hi

TWBlue is the most accessible Twitter Client.

Pramit

At 04:04 AM 2/2/2020, Pramit wrote:
TWBlue is the most accessible Twitter Client.

We're all still trying to "access" Twitter replies and threads. What's accessible about a client that excludes these?
Orlando Enrique Fiol

Cristóbal

There's the rub though. There doesn't seem to be a Twitter client that can
reliably display threads and replies. Chicken Nugget didn't. TWBlue is hit
and miss at best and while I couldn't really figure out OpenTween, no one
else has really chimed in touting its accessibility. I do know folks use it,
including some pretty accessible tech knowledgeable ones. So maybe it's just
a question of giving a spin and sticking with it. You could always try it
and see if OpenTween is any better at that task. Let us know how you fair.
All that said though, being most accessible doesn't necessarily mean
completely accessible.
From what appear to be the available options for us Windows screen readers,
TWBlue seems to check the most boxes.
I mean, even on iOS which I find to be the superior Twitter user experience
the app Twitterrific I and a lot of us VoiceOver folks use can't display
Twitter polls. In fact no third party Twitter client can. It has to do with
the limitations Twitter implements in the API they make available to
developers.
There's always the Twitter webpage itself too. That for me feels too clunky
even with the keyboard commands. Different strokes for different folks.
Maybe it's better at this sort of thing.
Cristóbal

>TWBlue is the most accessible Twitter Client.

We're all still trying to "access" Twitter replies and threads.
What's accessible about a client that excludes these?
Orlando Enrique Fiol

amir

Hi,
twblue, can you send new tweets or replies? outgoing activity, can you
do that? i tried but error, i compose new tweet, pressed the send
button and nothing happens. alt tab back to it, the dialog disappears.
this is snapshot version, just got update and updated. tweeted the
dev, no respond. thanks

On 05/02/2020, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@gmail.com> wrote:
There's the rub though. There doesn't seem to be a Twitter client that can
reliably display threads and replies. Chicken Nugget didn't. TWBlue is hit
and miss at best and while I couldn't really figure out OpenTween, no one
else has really chimed in touting its accessibility. I do know folks use
it,
including some pretty accessible tech knowledgeable ones. So maybe it's
just
a question of giving a spin and sticking with it. You could always try it
and see if OpenTween is any better at that task. Let us know how you fair.
All that said though, being most accessible doesn't necessarily mean
completely accessible.
From what appear to be the available options for us Windows screen readers,