Topics

moderated Accessible SSH-clients there work with JAWS

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

Hi everyone

What SSH-clients do you can recommend if I will use it with the latest version of JAWS for Windows, and do you have experience with PuTTYgen, a freeware SSH-client?

Thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Anders

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi Anders,

I use PuTTY for my college work with no issues once you install the recommended scripts. The link to the scripts and instructions is below:

https://github.com/munawarb/JAWS-PuTTY-Scripts/blob/master/README.md

What SSH-clients do you can recommend if I will use it with the latest version of JAWS for Windows, and do you have experience with PuTTYgen, a freeware SSH-client?

Thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Anders

Jason White

I use the ssh client included in mysys2:

https://www.msys2.org/

Also, any ssh client run under Windows Subsystem for Linux should be fine.

There’s also a built-in ssh client in Windows 10. However, I can’t remember whether it emulates all of the terminal-related features that you’ll need if you’re working with a Linux or UNIX host. The other two options above definitely do.

I use PuTTY for my college work with no issues once you install the recommended scripts. The link to the scripts and instructions is below:

https://github.com/munawarb/JAWS-PuTTY-Scripts/blob/master/README.md

What SSH-clients do you can recommend if I will use it with the latest version of JAWS for Windows, and do you have experience with PuTTYgen, a freeware SSH-client?

Thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Anders

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  If you are inclined to Install Cygwin, then it is where you should go.  It has a native SSH client, and, it will allow you to work in a Linux environment on windows with very good results.  Acessibility is spot on.  Cheers!