Topics

moderated keystroke to get to Office Quick Access Toolbar?

Van Lant, Robin

A JAWS webinar I listened to a while back talked about adding icons to the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel.  I did this for the sort button, which I regularly use, Now I wonder if there is a quick way to get to that QAT toolbar other than tabbing through all the ribbons.  I figure there must be if it was worth pointing out on a JAWS webinar, but I did not write any notes on how to do it.

Robin

Using Windows 10, Office 2016 and JAWS 2019

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

CathyAnne Murtha

Press ALT to enter Command Mode. Press UP ARROW once to focus in the QAT.

Press RIGHT and LEFT ARROW to navigate the QAT commands.

Each is associated with a number. Use these numbers with ALT to execute the command.

The first QAT command is ALT-NUMBER ROW 1, the second is ALT-NUMBER ROW 2, etc.

CathyAnne

---
CathyAnne Murtha
Access Technology Institute
www.blind.training
cathy@...
(520) 955-6611

CathyAnne Murtha
CEO
Access Technology Institute, LLC
www.blind.training
cathy@...
Phone: (520) 955-6611

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 4:10 PM -0700, "Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io" <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

A JAWS webinar I listened to a while back talked about adding icons to the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel.  I did this for the sort button, which I regularly use, Now I wonder if there is a quick way to get to that QAT toolbar other than tabbing through all the ribbons.  I figure there must be if it was worth pointing out on a JAWS webinar, but I did not write any notes on how to do it.

Robin

Using Windows 10, Office 2016 and JAWS 2019

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Press alt, then up arrow, then fight arrow across your buttons.

A JAWS webinar I listened to a while back talked about adding icons to the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel.  I did this for the sort button, which I regularly use, Now I wonder if there is a quick way to get to that QAT toolbar other than tabbing through all the ribbons.  I figure there must be if it was worth pointing out on a JAWS webinar, but I did not write any notes on how to do it.

Robin

Using Windows 10, Office 2016 and JAWS 2019

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Ann Byrne

In theory, pressing alt+1 should take you to the first item in the QAT, alt+2 to the second, etc. My experience is that that only works sometimes.

At 05:10 PM 1/27/2020, you wrote:
A JAWS webinar I listened to a while back talked about adding icons to the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel. I did this for the sort button, which I regularly use, Now I wonder if there is a quick way to get to that QAT toolbar other than tabbing through all the ribbons. I figure there must be if it was worth pointing out on a JAWS webinar, but I did not write any notes on how to do it.

Robin
Using Windows 10, Office 2016 and JAWS 2019

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

Thank you! The alt, then up arrow did the trick. Alt 3 also went directly to the button I need, but I'll keep in mind that it might be finicky. Love this list.

Robin