Topics

moderated how to drag and drop on websites?

Brent Harding

Hi there! I am wondering, how one can deal with drag and drop stuff on the web when using Jaws? For instance, with this one thing I was trying to deal with, it asks you to drag a list of things in order from most important to least important. I tried the lock mouse button command to try to do it, but then the arrow keys won't read where I'm moving to. Is there any way around this kind of thing besides getting someone to do it for me?
Thanks

Jessica D

Hi,
I had to drag a button, and I used my touch-screen.

Thanks,
Jessica

On Jan 27, 2020, at 4:15 PM, Brent Harding <brent@...> wrote:

Hi there! I am wondering, how one can deal with drag and drop stuff on the web when using Jaws? For instance, with this one thing I was trying to deal with, it asks you to drag a list of things in order from most important to least important. I tried the lock mouse button command to try to do it, but then the arrow keys won't read where I'm moving to. Is there any way around this kind of thing besides getting someone to do it for me?
Thanks

Brent Harding

Hmmm, I don't have one of the new compputers with touch screens built in. I wonder if I could fill it out on my iPhone, as Apple seems to have a pretty good interface for this? In my case, I need to reorder a list of about 16 things this way.

I had to drag a button, and I used my touch-screen.

Thanks,
Jessica

On Jan 27, 2020, at 4:15 PM, Brent Harding <brent@...> wrote:

Hi there! I am wondering, how one can deal with drag and drop stuff on the web when using Jaws? For instance, with this one thing I was trying to deal with, it asks you to drag a list of things in order from most important to least important. I tried the lock mouse button command to try to do it, but then the arrow keys won't read where I'm moving to. Is there any way around this kind of thing besides getting someone to do it for me?
Thanks

Jessica D

Hi,

Yeah, try that, and let me know how that works.

Thanks,

Jessica

[...]

Larry Ketchem

i have had the same problem so any help would be great

On 1/27/20, Brent Harding <brent@...> wrote:
Hi there! I am wondering, how one can deal with drag and drop stuff on the
web when using Jaws? For instance, with this one thing I was trying to deal
with, it asks you to drag a list of things in order from most important to
least important. I tried the lock mouse button command to try to do it, but
then the arrow keys won't read where I'm moving to. Is there any way around
this kind of thing besides getting someone to do it for me?
Thanks

Brent Harding

I've never found a good use for that mouse lock and unlock hotkey in Jaws that actually does something useful. I think the real problem with trying to shoehorn this to work on the web is that the virtual cursor and mouse pointer don't follow each other, and except for Internet Explorer, the Jaws cursor won't let you access everything you need to make a good drop at the correct spot.

i have had the same problem so any help would be great

On 1/27/20, Brent Harding <brent@...> wrote:
Hi there! I am wondering, how one can deal with drag and drop stuff on the
web when using Jaws? For instance, with this one thing I was trying to deal
with, it asks you to drag a list of things in order from most important to
least important. I tried the lock mouse button command to try to do it, but
then the arrow keys won't read where I'm moving to. Is there any way around
this kind of thing besides getting someone to do it for me?
Thanks

Glenn / Lenny

I'd like to find a way to do this too.
I need to arrange some WIFI priorities for my router using the web interface, and it requires drag and drop.
I've tried locking the cursor and that did nothing.
Glenn