Topics

moderated convert webpage containing several tables into 1 excel spreadsheet?

Jessica D

Hi,

I know this isn’t directly related to jaws, but I’m using jaws 2020.

I’d like an efficient way to learn the commands for the Focus line of braille displays, since those items are covered on the certification exam.

I found a page that contains several tables of these commands, and would like to get all this data into a spreadsheet.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Richard Turner

That is a bit more involved than what could be handled easily via Email.
What is the web page?
I'll see if I can help with this.

Richard

On Jan 27, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I know this isn’t directly related to jaws, but I’m using jaws 2020.

I’d like an efficient way to learn the commands for the Focus line of braille displays, since those items are covered on the certification exam.

I found a page that contains several tables of these commands, and would like to get all this data into a spreadsheet.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jessica

You might try saving the web page as a single html file and opening that file in Excel and see what you get.

Alan Lemly

That is a bit more involved than what could be handled easily via Email.

What is the web page?

I'll see if I can help with this.

Richard

On Jan 27, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I know this isn’t directly related to jaws, but I’m using jaws 2020.

I’d like an efficient way to learn the commands for the Focus line of braille displays, since those items are covered on the certification exam.

I found a page that contains several tables of these commands, and would like to get all this data into a spreadsheet.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica D

Hi Alan,
I had no idea excel could open html files.
I thought that was just a web browser format?

Thanks,
Jessica

[...]

Hi again Alan,

It worked, but there are a few oddities.

If I want it to work in my flashcard app, the top line needs to say “side 1 in A1, and “side 2” in b1.

The remainder of the items also need to take this format.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I’ll attach the file so you can see how it looks now.

[...]

It sounds like you need to learn how to edit in Excel so you can insert a blank row, and then label the columns you need, etc.

BTW, you cannot send attachments to the list.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

You might try saving the web page as a single html file and opening that file in Excel and see what you get.

Alan Lemly

That is a bit more involved than what could be handled easily via Email.

What is the web page?

I'll see if I can help with this.

Richard

On Jan 27, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I know this isn’t directly related to jaws, but I’m using jaws 2020.

I’d like an efficient way to learn the commands for the Focus line of braille displays, since those items are covered on the certification exam.

I found a page that contains several tables of these commands, and would like to get all this data into a spreadsheet.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jessica

Hi Jessica,

No, Microsoft Excel and Word can both open html files. I'm not sure what you'll get since it's dependent on the website html saved to your computer but I've successfully opened a basic website page mainly consisting of a table of information in Excel.