Topics

moderated Publisher and jaws2020?

Jessica D

Hi,

I just found out about Microsoft publisher, and would like to use it for a few tasks.

I opened it, and found a template for business cards, that I liked, so wrote my info on the template.

When I tried to read it, to ensure that everything was correct, jaws just said, “blank” rather than reading what I wrote.

Does anyone know if publisher can be used with jaws2020?

Thanks,

Jessica

JM Casey

Never had much success with Publisher and jAWS either, because of exactly what you described. Curious to know if anyone actaully uses it…

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: January 24, 2020 1:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Cc: bits@groups.io
Subject: Publisher and jaws2020?

Hi,

I just found out about Microsoft publisher, and would like to use it for a few tasks.

I opened it, and found a template for business cards, that I liked, so wrote my info on the template.

When I tried to read it, to ensure that everything was correct, jaws just said, “blank” rather than reading what I wrote.

Thanks,

Jessica

george b

It is all graphical if you use the jaws curser you can read everything but can not access it

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: January 24, 2020 10:36
Subject: Re: Publisher and jaws2020?

Never had much success with Publisher and jAWS either, because of exactly what you described. Curious to know if anyone actaully uses it…

Hi,

Thanks,

Jessica

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

I have taken Publisher files and resaved them to a txt file and that is just about all you can do with Publisher and JAWS.

If you are trying to create/make a business card, Microsoft Word has a template and or you can use the Envelope/Label to make a business card and send it to a printer. You will also have to check to see what stationary you need for the template to print properly with your printer. This can be tricky!

Original message:

Hi,
Thanks,
Jessica

Jason White

I use LaTeX for typesetting. It's freely available, open-source, works with any text editor (including Notepad++ as supported by recent JAWS releases), and has been used in publishing.

For an introduction: http://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/index.html

I'm sure it can generate business cards, but I use it nowadays for writing papers (and used it in writing my Ph.D. thesis).

On 1/24/20, 15:42, "Milton Ota" <main@jfw.groups.io on behalf of mota1252@...> wrote:

I have taken Publisher files and resaved them to a txt file and that is
just about all you can do with Publisher and JAWS.

If you are trying to create/make a business card, Microsoft Word has a
template and or you can use the Envelope/Label to make a business card
and send it to a printer. You will also have to check to see what
stationary you need for the template to print properly with your
printer. This can be tricky!

Original message:

Never had much success with Publisher and jAWS either, because of
> exactly what you described. Curious to know if anyone actaully uses it…

> From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
> Sent: January 24, 2020 1:09 PM
> To: main@jfw.groups.io
> Cc: bits@groups.io
> Subject: Publisher and jaws2020?

> Hi,

> I just found out about Microsoft publisher, and would like to use it
> for a few tasks.

> I opened it, and found a template for business cards, that I liked, so
> wrote my info on the template.

> When I tried to read it, to ensure that everything was correct, jaws
> just said, “blank” rather than reading what I wrote.

> Does anyone know if publisher can be used with jaws2020?

> Thanks,

> Jessica

>