Topics

moderated Publisher and jaws2020?

Jessica D

Hi,

I just found out about Microsoft publisher, and would like to use it for a few tasks.

I opened it, and found a template for business cards, that I liked, so wrote my info on the template.

When I tried to read it, to ensure that everything was correct, jaws just said, “blank” rather than reading what I wrote.

Does anyone know if publisher can be used with jaws2020?

Thanks,

Jessica

JM Casey

Never had much success with Publisher and jAWS either, because of exactly what you described. Curious to know if anyone actaully uses it…

I just found out about Microsoft publisher, and would like to use it for a few tasks.

I opened it, and found a template for business cards, that I liked, so wrote my info on the template.

When I tried to read it, to ensure that everything was correct, jaws just said, “blank” rather than reading what I wrote.

Does anyone know if publisher can be used with jaws2020?

Thanks,

Jessica

george b

It is all graphical if you use the jaws curser you can read everything but can not access it

Never had much success with Publisher and jAWS either, because of exactly what you described. Curious to know if anyone actaully uses it…

I just found out about Microsoft publisher, and would like to use it for a few tasks.

I opened it, and found a template for business cards, that I liked, so wrote my info on the template.

When I tried to read it, to ensure that everything was correct, jaws just said, “blank” rather than reading what I wrote.

Does anyone know if publisher can be used with jaws2020?

Thanks,

Jessica

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

I have taken Publisher files and resaved them to a txt file and that is just about all you can do with Publisher and JAWS.

If you are trying to create/make a business card, Microsoft Word has a template and or you can use the Envelope/Label to make a business card and send it to a printer. You will also have to check to see what stationary you need for the template to print properly with your printer. This can be tricky!

Never had much success with Publisher and jAWS either, because of exactly what you described. Curious to know if anyone actaully uses it…
I just found out about Microsoft publisher, and would like to use it for a few tasks.
I opened it, and found a template for business cards, that I liked, so wrote my info on the template.
When I tried to read it, to ensure that everything was correct, jaws just said, “blank” rather than reading what I wrote.
Does anyone know if publisher can be used with jaws2020?
Thanks,
Jessica

Jason White

I use LaTeX for typesetting. It's freely available, open-source, works with any text editor (including Notepad++ as supported by recent JAWS releases), and has been used in publishing.

For an introduction: http://latex.silmaril.ie/formattinginformation/index.html

I'm sure it can generate business cards, but I use it nowadays for writing papers (and used it in writing my Ph.D. thesis).