Topics

moderated URL for JAWS full installation

Dave Durber

Hello everyone:

Yesterday, I installed Windows 10, version 19.09.

During the Windows 10 installation, I followed the prompts for Windows to connect to the Asus Wireless Dongle.

When I completed the installation of Windows 10, I ran the installation file for JAWS 2020. Not long after the installation process started, I received the message that JAWS could not download a particular file from its server. I was then informed that the installation process will be terminated.

Luckily, I had the installation for NVDA, which does not need to go on line to download files from its server, in order to complete the installlation.

I tested the internet connection, by going to several web sites and logged onto those sites with no problems. However, wenever I run I runn the JAWS 2020 installation file, I keep getting the same message.

Last year, someone on the list, posted the URL where one could download the full installation file for JAWS.

If that person or someone on the list, has the URL, will they please let me have it!

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Send me your email and I will send you the latest jaws 2020

[...]

Bill White

Hi, Dave. Here is the URL to download the off-line installer for JAWS2020

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/OfflineInstallers#jaws

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

[...]

Hello George:

My email address is:

d.durber@...

Thank you in anticipation

Dave Durber

[...]

Mike Fulton <mikefulton95@...>

Here is the info from FS on downloading the offline installer for JAWS 2020. They provide instructions for 2 methods.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 5:02 PM Dave Durber <d.durber@...> wrote:
Hello George:

My email address is:

d.durber@...

Thank you in anticipation

Dave Durber

> Send me your email and I will send you the latest jaws 2020

Gmail Jonas

You may need to do windows updates first!

[...]

Not that I have anything against offline installers, as I download these and use them not infrequently, but one has to realize that servers for the installers that do "on demand" downloading do go offline occasionally.  Sometimes it's for scheduled maintenance and sometimes it's not.  But, generally, if you try again later things will work just fine after those servers are online again.

        ~ Joshua Liebman

Dave Durber

Hello Bill:

Thank you for the link.

I downloaded the JAWS 2020, file size 854 MB.

Once I install JAWS 2020, I will be able to access the installation software on the CD, which came with the wireless dongle.

I have not found a way as yet, using either Narrator or NVDA, in order to be able to access the icon so I can install the software for the Asus wireless dongle.

Using JAWS, I have to use the JAWS cursor, to go to the top of the screen, make sure the JAWS cursor is on the first letter of the installation icon, then press the JAWS left mouse key, to activate the wireless dongle software. Once the software is loaded, the program is completely accessible.

Thank you again for the link.

Dave Durber

[...]

Hello Jonas:

Even though the installation manager installed the driver for the wireless dongle and allowed me to select my network and enter the network access key, when I eventually got to the desktop, in addition to not being able to install JAWS 2020, I could not download any windows updates, and that was after running the network troubleshooting program.

Dave durber