Topics

moderated Hacking via Internet Explorer

Melissa Stott

I had switched to Google Chrome months ago.  Took some getting use to, but I like it so far.  I’ve also tried out the new Edge, but don’t know what to make of it yet.

.                               Melissa

Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 5:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Hacking via Internet Explorer

Hello all,

Someone told me today there is great risk for being hacked on IE at this time, and a fix has not yet been found. Has anyone else heard of this? Just checking.

Marilyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pastor Gil Pries
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 4:37 PM
Subject: New Edge And Jaws

I contacted the Microsoft disabilities answer desk about this problem.

The tech after checking Edge, said that Jaws was not completely compatible with the new Edge.

With his reccomendation, I went back to Internet Explorer for now.

Pastor Gil

And the same applies to Windows 7, as of last week or so official support for Windows 7 has ended and you will get no further security updates. Use at  your own risk.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vaughan Dodd
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 2:54 PM

That is the accepted wisdom at the moment: Microsoft is no longer developing internet Explorer, so suggest goingr to Google Chrome.

Hacking through browsers is a fact of internet life, and all we can do is take security precautions.

Vaughan.

Vaughan Dodd

Vdodd001@...

+6421 784 856.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn Bland
Sent: Monday, 20 January 2020 11:44 am

Hello all,

Someone told me today there is great risk for being hacked on IE at this time, and a fix has not yet been found. Has anyone else heard of this? Just checking.

Marilyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pastor Gil Pries

The tech after checking Edge, said that Jaws was not completely compatible with the new Edge.

Pastor Gil

Vaughan Dodd

That is the accepted wisdom at the moment: Microsoft is no longer developing internet Explorer, so suggest goingr to Google Chrome.

Hacking through browsers is a fact of internet life, and all we can do is take security precautions.

Vaughan.

Vaughan Dodd

Vdodd001@...

+6421 784 856.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn Bland
Sent: Monday, 20 January 2020 11:44 am

Hello all,

Marilyn

Pastor Gil

Gerald Levy

It is no longer safe to use IE because it has not been supported for years, and so is vulnerable to hacking and malware attacks.  It is safer to use more modern browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, which are frequently updated and fully supported.

Gerald

On 1/19/2020 5:43 PM, Marilyn Bland wrote:

Hello all,

Marilyn

Pastor Gil

Marilyn Bland

Hello all,

Marilyn

Pastor Gil