Topics

moderated New Edge And Jaws

Pastor Gilbert Pries

I’ve noticed this also.

I hope there is a fix soon.

Pastor Gil

Pastor Gilbert Pries

I contacted the Microsoft disabilities answer desk about this problem.

The tech after checking Edge, said that Jaws was not completely compatible with the new Edge.

With his reccomendation, I went back to Internet Explorer for now.

Pastor Gil

Gerald Levy

If you want a browser that is essentially identical to Edge and is fully accessible with JAWS, try Google Chrome.

Gerald

On 1/19/2020 5:36 PM, Pastor Gil Pries wrote:

I contacted the Microsoft disabilities answer desk about this problem.

The tech after checking Edge, said that Jaws was not completely compatible with the new Edge.

With his reccomendation, I went back to Internet Explorer for now.

Pastor Gil

Richard Turner

Personally, I've had better luck with FireFox than Chrome, so I will use it until Jaws has a fix for this.
Which may be soon.

Richard

On Jan 19, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

If you want a browser that is essentially identical to Edge and is fully accessible with JAWS, try Google Chrome.

Gerald

On 1/19/2020 5:36 PM, Pastor Gil Pries wrote:

I contacted the Microsoft disabilities answer desk about this problem.

The tech after checking Edge, said that Jaws was not completely compatible with the new Edge.

With his reccomendation, I went back to Internet Explorer for now.

Pastor Gil

And whoever told you Edge was not compatible with Jaws is not really telling you the truth.

Almost every browser may have little issues, but you can easily use Edge or Chrome, for me Chrome has been my primary browser probably for about 3 years now. My experience with Firefox has always been more flaky which goes to show how subjective this is, but given the market share Google Chrome has and if you add other chromium based browser it’s even more, this is clearly what the majority of people use and from my observations this is no different among the visually impaired community.

Personally, I've had better luck with FireFox than Chrome, so I will use it until Jaws has a fix for this.

Which may be soon.

Richard

On Jan 19, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

If you want a browser that is essentially identical to Edge and is fully accessible with JAWS, try Google Chrome.

Gerald

On 1/19/2020 5:36 PM, Pastor Gil Pries wrote:

I contacted the Microsoft disabilities answer desk about this problem.

The tech after checking Edge, said that Jaws was not completely compatible with the new Edge.

With his reccomendation, I went back to Internet Explorer for now.

Pastor Gil

Dan Longmore

It’s slower but like an old friend Internet explore so often comes through when other browsers don’t. I keep it around and still use it when chrome and others just don’t do the job.

On Jan 19, 2020, at 5:36 PM, Pastor Gil Pries <gilp@...> wrote:

I contacted the Microsoft disabilities answer desk about this problem.

The tech after checking Edge, said that Jaws was not completely compatible with the new Edge.

With his reccomendation, I went back to Internet Explorer for now.

Pastor Gil

Richard Turner

If like me, you are finding that when you hit backspace to delete letters in the address bar/search bar, Jaws reads the first letter instead of the letter you are deleting; follow the steps to disable UI Automation.

I did that and now Jaws behaves correctly if I realize I made a typo in the search bar and hit backspace.

Here are the steps again which have been posted by a couple people.

1. From Edge 79, go to address omnibox and type “edge://flags” (without quotes and EXACTLY AS SHOWN).

2. From experiments edit field, type “UI Automation” and press Tab.

3. From Native UI Automation combo box, choose “disabled” and restart Edge if prompted.

Richard

Pastor Gilbert Pries

I went back to Edge and got the uia disabled and now it’s working fine.

Pastor Gil

Peter Donahue

Hello Dan and everyone,

We're dealing with the double wammy of just gotten our desktop back from the shop and recovering from kidney failure.

Since the upgrade to Windows 10 we now have 4 browsers on this rig. Like you we're relieved that Internet Explorer is still on this machine and is coming through when the others don't. Some of this may be due to missing pluggins for certain content. We'll know better once we've had a chance to try out our favorite Websites in all of the available browsers. All the best.

Peter Donahue