Topics

moderated upgrading Jaws

Christopher Zeigler

Hello yes one year subscription for 9999 ear or you can purchase the subscription for 2-5 years Of the Jaws subscription. Suppressing berries on how many years you purchase on the subscription. Finally I went to note that the subscription is only for the home version of jobs and not for the professional version. If you need the professional version then you have to buy it outright. Otherwise you can do the subscription and it will Work time.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020, 12:06 PM Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
Another option is the subscription version is available  in the US for$99
per year You always have the latest version But if you don't renew the
subscription, your current version converts to a demo..
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mario" <mrb620@...>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: upgrading Jaws

>a friend of my sister is looking to get back in to using JAWS with
> Windows 10, but I'm not sure if she's several versions behind or never
> used JAWS before. if I tell her if she can wait til the FS/VFO S&S
> summer special, would she be able to save quite a bit on a first time
> purchase if she never used JAWS before?
>
> how would one know if there is going to be a special, and when will the
> upcoming special begin?

Loy

[...]

Gerald Levy

Forget about specials.  If your sister's friend  has never used JAWS before, or else is several versions behind, her best bet would be to  purchase a one year license for JAWS 2020 right now for $90 and renew it every year.  This is the cheapest option because buying a copy of JAWS 2020 outright would cost over $1000,and would still cost a few hundred dollars even if Vispero/FS were to offer special deals. If you purchase JAWS outright, you own it forever, and would still have to purchase an SMA every two years to keep it up to date.  But if you purchase a one-year license, you are purchasing the right to use JAWS for one year and do not own it.  If you don't renew the license before it expires, then JAWS will revert to 40 minute demo mode. But you would have the right to use JAWS for ten years with the license option for the same price as purchasing it outright, and you would not have to make such a large one-time financial commitment.

Gerald

On 1/13/2020 10:36 AM, Mario wrote:
[...]

The keys don’t actually get stuck down but behave as though they are. We have tried cleaning them.

I had a feeling that this was discussed before Christmas and I wasn’t alone with this issue where the computer behaves as though the alt key or windows key is still depressed.

I think I will take Ed’s advice and wait till the summer before upgrading Jaws and take advantage of Sight and Sound’s Summer Deal as it looks as if it will cost me around £350 to upgrade from Jaws 18 to the current version.

Alison

[...]

Thanks for this advice. This sounds like the sensible thing to do.
[...]

Edward Green

[...]

Richard Turner