Topics

moderated JAWS and Edge

In what way does it work better than Chrome itself? I have used both Edge Dev and Edge Beta extensively and have the full version which replaces the old Windows 10 Edge on my laptop, but for the most part still prefer Chrome.

Anyhow, maybe no need to get into the Beta now, it is my understanding that it will only be a couple more weeks before Edge is officially released via a Windows 10 Update.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 3:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS and Edge

I want you guys to know that the Chromium version of MS Edge, the beta version, works great with JAWS!

If you have not installed it and tried it, I strongly recommend that you do!

It will be your favorite next to IE 11.

It works better with JAWS than Chrome itself!

NVDA and Narrator work really well with the New Chromium version of Edge beta as well!

You will be surprised how well Narrator works with the new Edge!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of "clarence carter via Groups.Io" <clcarter@...>
Date: Friday, January 10, 2020 at 00:03
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: JAWS and Edge

Has anyone noticed that JAWS does not ativate links and buttons on some pages? I have had to use JAWS plus F7 to get the links to respond.

Any ideas?

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

I should also add here that Microsoft will begin rolling out the new version of Edge beginning January 15, which is next week Wednesday. This is according to information that was published in PC World.

From: <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of "clarence carter via Groups.Io" <clcarter@...>
Date: Friday, January 10, 2020 at 00:03
To: <jfw@groups.io>

Has anyone noticed that JAWS does not ativate links and buttons on some pages? I have had to use JAWS plus F7 to get the links to respond.

Any ideas?

Tammy Freitag

I have this problem with Jaws 2019 using Chrome. It does it with
buttons as well.

On 1/10/20, Cohn, Jonathan <jcohn@...> wrote:
I don't use Edge, but with some other Microsoft products, I have seen this
behavior and it would get cleared when refreshing the JAWS scripting library
with insert-control-Escape.
Hopefully this will work for you.
Jonathan

--
Independence is yours . Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy

Cohn, Jonathan

I don't use Edge, but with some other Microsoft products, I have seen this behavior and it would get cleared when refreshing the JAWS scripting library with insert-control-Escape.
Hopefully this will work for you.
Jonathan

clarence carter