Topics

moderated how do I do a jaws repair?

Jim Rawls

Hi all, I am getting a message when I boot up my computer that the display driver for jaws did not install properly. Doa repair of jaws. So how do I do that? I am using jaws 2020 and a windows gen computer. Jim

Richard B. McDonald

To do a repair, go to the JAWS website and download the installer file for your version of JAWS.  Then, run it.  It will detect your existing installation and ask if you want to perform a repair.  BTW, I just had to do this for the exact same reason as you following an update on my PC from Windows 7 to 10.  Mine, though, was for JAWS 2019.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2020 7:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: how do I do a jaws repair?

Hi all, I am getting a message when I boot up my computer that the display driver for jaws did not install properly. Doa repair of jaws. So how do I do that? I am using jaws 2020 and a windows gen computer. Jim

Jim Rawls

Hi mike, I got it done and all works well. Thanks for your help. Jim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 6:34 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how do i do a jaws repair?

Hi Jim,

What version of Jaws do you have installed?  Let me know the exact version & build and I'll send you a download link for your version / build.  After you get the installer downloaded, highlight the installer and press enter.  A dialogue will come up and you either arrow or tab to the, Repair button, and press enter.  The repair will start and should only take a minute or 3.

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2020 5:42 PM

Subject: how do i do a jaws repair?

Hi all, I am getting a message, every time  I boot up my computer, which says, jaws display drive is  not installed properly. Do a repair of jaws. So how do I do that? Jim